Fox Body Racing Suspension Options - Advice Requested

DavidSim

I have a 1986 Fox Body Mustang GT Hatchback, I use it for lapping/track days, as time goes on I have added various pieces to help improve the handling/performance. I have seen pictures of some of the Fox Body based AIX cars, some are sitting very low, I would like to lower my car also and maintain proper suspension geometry (as best I can) to help out at the track.

I have investigated various options, including various K-Members, some SLA suspensions, etc., at this point I would like to stay with struts. I see that the MM K-Members have two mount points for the A-Arms, not sure if the MM stuff would get me the lowest ride height (with proper geometry), or if there are better options with other K-Members and associated bits and pieces.

I also see that Racecraft has dropped spindles for Road Racing purposes, but I am not sure if these are sturdy enough or have suitable brakes options. Is anyone using these on a Fox Body Mustang with at least 400-500 horsepower and at least 275 or bigger tires?

Could you folks give me some guidance here please, what would you recommend for a K-Member and attending bits and pieces to get my car down low and still maintain proper geometry and handling (at least as good as it can get for a Fox Body Stang).

Thanks.

David,

I'm using a modified MM K-member and control arms with Racecraft "Road Race" drop spindles. My AI car weighs 3100lbs and has approx. 325HP at the wheels. No issues with suspension.

Marshall,

thank you so much for the reply, that was kind of you, that is just the kind of information I am looking for.

Regards.

David, I ran them (Racecraft 2" dropped spindles) too, and when I wrecked the car and everything else broke, the spindles didn't. Wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Thank you Marshall and Ed, based on your endorsement I've just purchased the last set of RR spindles that RaceCraft has in stock.

Regards.

• 2 months later...

David: I will pop by your place this weekend and have a look at what you have done with the car.....and how my 10* and 14* MSD timing curve bushings are coming along...lol

Cheers, Paul