Hoosier tire wear?

68stang

tire wear and longevity on Hoosier 225 -45 - ZR17? I have two sets . all 8 tires show the wear lines still.some scrubbing on outside edges. just wondering how long I can push these tire safely? 3000 pound car and generally 40 psi hot. thanks Bruce

If you're not competeing or worrying about every last tenth, push them until you start to see signs of the first layer of nylon cord popping through. They won't be as fast as new, but...

thank you for the response next set of tires what size would you suggest for 3000 pound car.and to answer the other question R6 is the compound

I run the same 225's on a 3200# subaru but with a lot more negative camber, around -3.5. I find that the outside shoulders are still where the wear is greatest and so I rotate the tires front and rear and I also reverse them on the wheel occasionally. I can usually use them for more than 6 weekends-- 12-16 races. However, the R6 loses speed after a few heat cycles and then loses even more speed after about 15-20 heat cycles. When doing TT that would translate into about 2-3 weekends before losing 2 seconds a lap. If you still show the circumferential grooves and the shoulder isn't down to the cord I'd say use them, just inspect after every session as Dizmm already said.