Spec Iron - Nationals?

BigKeyserSoze

How many cars are looking at coming out? Are there any rental cars available?

I'm not going to haul my FFR to Utah, but I'm either going to rent a SE30 or SI car, assuming there will be fields for each.

I have 2 spec iron rentals but not sure about Nationals. not worth the trip out for one rental.

Trying to haul a few cars out in the semi but that is not looking good right now either. If I can find a few cars to haul then 1 or 2 rentals is possible. or my AI car

• 1 month later...

I'm very surprised we aren't seeing 5+ cars to date! I believe there are at least 7-9 cars nationally built (to varied degrees).

Who wants to be the inaugural Spec Iron National Champion!?!?

It will be pretty disappointing if 4 or 5 people don't want to bring their SI cars because there are only 2 cars registered. :-/

I'm very surprised we aren't seeing 5+ cars to date! I believe there are at least 7-9 cars nationally built (to varied degrees).

Who wants to be the inaugural Spec Iron National Champion!?!?

It will be pretty disappointing if 4 or 5 people don't want to bring their SI cars because there are only 2 cars registered. :-/

it's too far away. People don't want to pay the added cost for fuel and travel to go all the way to Utah. Least that is what I'm seeing. If this was back at mid Ohio or someplace of a reasonable tow from the midwest I gurantee you would have your 5 plus cars.

I know of 3 others in spec iron not going plus me all becasue of distance and time away . That is 4 right there

Add to the mix that with all the "teething issues" with the swaybar endlinks, shock package, etc there has been little to no shakedown time for these cars. If I had built one, I certainly would not want to spend $3K in total travel/event expense to show up for a "development" session.

Add to the mix that with all the "teething issues" with the swaybar endlinks, shock package, etc there has been little to no shakedown time for these cars. If I had built one, I certainly would not want to spend $3K in total travel/event expense to show up for a "development" session.

yup last moth was our 1st race with a totally legal spec iron car on spec shocks . the other si cars we raced against "2 others" both the same as us . 1st time out .

working out the car more this weekend again .

it's too far away. People don't want to pay the added cost for fuel and travel to go all the way to Utah. Least that is what I'm seeing. If this was back at mid Ohio or someplace of a reasonable tow from the midwest I gurantee you would have your 5 plus cars.

I know of 3 others in spec iron not going plus me all becasue of distance and time away . That is 4 right there

Ditto...

Fuel alone to get out there and back + time off work for extra travel time will cost more than my entire 2012 nationals budget. (not counting the tire wall incident... )

I'd love to be there (AI in my car, or SI rental), just not in the budget. Maybe next year.

Any more spec iron possible entries besides me?

My ca will be tested Sunday and I'm inclined ti load up on Monday if there will be a race.

Ptb doesn't sound like any fun to me.