DYNO

Surfbum

• 2 weeks later...

I dont want to speak for the officials, but i believe you are supposed to have your dyno sheets already done prior to the event.

A couple of years ago they brought out a dyno for the scruits. I just wanted to retest using the "official" dyno against the dyno we regularly use to see if there is any differences at altitude.

Past experience at Miller in 09 and 10 showed that you will need to dyno if you are close. Especially if you are running a rotary.

We are changing 5000 ft in elevation and will need to re-tune for those conditions. Yes I will have a dyno ahead of time but this needs to be addressed before I drive across the country.

• 3 weeks later...

This won't help much, but last Sunday's "NASA Championships Update" email says:

Next Week’s email will cover:

-Dyno and making reservations

When/if I receive the next one, I'll try to remember to post the details here if someone else hasn't already.

When/if I receive the next one, I'll try to remember to post the details here if someone else hasn't already.

Here's what I got last night.....

Dyno Info

The official dyno for the event will be operated by MCE Racing. Please contact Kevin Murray for scheduling dyno time on Tuesday or Wednesday. Contact info HERE:

http://www.mcedyno.com/MCE_DYNO_-_Dyno_Services.html

• Members

FWIW there is a local dyno jet at the track in the team garages. Its operated by Ziptie dynowerks. I didn't see this until just now. Sorry for the tardy response, and it looks like Snymo got an answer as well. Ziptie has been very supportive of our local NASA racers, give them a call with any questions you may have.

http://www.ziptiedynowerks.com/

Phone: 801-784-0386

Email: [email protected]

Facebook Page: ZiptieDynowerks (message us)

people may want to run on the exact dyno that will be used for compliance however

The Dyno email came out at 6:30pm Sat and was full by Sunday morning. I'm sure they can work some people in, but at least you'll have an idea where your HP is with the local guys.

We managed to get an 8pm Tuesday night time. For our carbed car, I want to make sure the F:A is close enough to not blow it up. For my injected car, it will be nice to see how much HP I lose so I can pull some of the lead out. I don't plan on running within lbs of the limit, but I'd like to be competitive down he front straight. Right now, I race it about 40lbs heavy and it's pretty competitive.

j