Where to store stuff upon arrival for HPDE event

brooksv3

I have searched the forum but can't find anything. I signed up for the weekend event at Mid Ohio July 27-28th. I am only bringing the car I'm driving. Instructions say to clean items from trunk. What do I do with tools, suitcase, etc?

Jon, he may have come from drag racing where you would have a 50/50 chance of returning to your spot with your stuff missing or moved with someone elses car in your spot.

I can't remember the last time something like that happened in a NASA paddock where drivers almost always leave many valuable items lying around in their paddock areas, but anything is possible I guess. And it always blows my mind that people would do such things to their fellow participants at any motorsports event.

If the OP is worried about it, I'd suggest buddying up with someone who has an enclosed trailer or asking an official if they have somewhere to stash stuff...

I've never had a problem with any kind of theft with any of the organizations I run with.

The keys are in my tow vehicle at all times (along with my wallet, etc), along with tools, tents, etc set-up. Depending on which car I'm running, the keys are either in it, or it doesn't need a key at all.

The only time I ever even put anything away during the weekend if it looks like bad weather might be coming in.

I assume it's the same in other areas, but in the Southeast, I have no worries about anything being stolen. In general, everybody looks out for one another and is always willing to lend a hand/tool/part.

^Good to know.

Just kidding.

All OT groups I have run with have been great.

OP as Jon stated, just unload your stuff in a pile.

I wouldn't leave your wallet sitting there with a benjamin hanging out (iow, be smart / use common sense) but in general a tub of spare parts & supplies, a tool box, extra wheels & tires and that kinda stuff should be pretty darn safe

Make friends with the people around you and each keep an eye on the other guy's stuff helps too

I wouldn't leave your wallet sitting there with a benjamin hanging out (iow, be smart / use common sense) but in general a tub of spare parts & supplies, a tool box, extra wheels & tires and that kinda stuff should be pretty darn safe

Make friends with the people around you and each keep an eye on the other guy's stuff helps too

Making friends with those around you is a definite plus. Not to mention, you get to know people and in general, you all kind of pit in the same place each time. Which means it truly becomes a real friendship, even if you only see each other on track weekends.

I lock valuables up in my gear bag and stash it but other than that...the rest of my paddock area looks like a bomb went off lol.