HPDE event in a different region

Rick Brooklyn

Hi everyone, please bear with me as I'm a new member at Nasa, it might be a silly question, but am I allowed to register for and attend an HPDE event in a region other than my home region? (I'm in the Northeast but I'd like to go to a Mid-Atlantic event). Are there any issues / restrictions?

Absolutely yes! That's part of the fun of being a member in a national organization - driving new tracks, meeting new people

Just keep in mind that if you're say HPDE2 in your home region, they may want to evaluate you at this new out-of-region track in HPDE1 first. Or if you're 3, may want a check-out in 2 real quick, etc, etc through all the various permutations. Not set in stone by any means, just something to think about / be aware of. Even if they don't require it, it still may be a good idea to start off one level lower than normal just to be sure especially if you're recently graduated up a level or the style of track you're going to is alot different, or tricky, or whatnot.

Once you're fully TT licensed and/or race licensed you're good to go anywhere because by then you'll have driven enough and hopefully at enough new places that you can learn a new track quickly and safely.

Thanks for the tips! I'll likely be on my second track day ever so I'll be happy to be firmly planted in HPDE1.

When I was working my way through the HPDE ranks many years ago I went to events in three different regions.

Its very rewarding to try a lot of different tracks.

Now I can usually string together a fairly good line on a new track without much effort.