Am I seeing it correct? ST racing.

awegrzyn

I'm a member of both SCCA and NASA. For the last few weeks I have been looking for a class for my beloved car.

SCCA does not really have what I want.

I started reading the NASA Super Touring rules and I realized ST is the class for me, but I need to confirm what I'm reading there. It says: "Any closed wheel/fendered production vehicle, approved for street use by the D.O.T., T.U.V., or

Japanese government,". Does this mean I can import (it's possible to legally grandfather Japanese cars in US as of now) a Japanese (right hand drive) car to the states and race it in NASA?

And second question, the car I want to race is Toyota Supra Twin Turbo. It makes about 320 HP and my target weight would be 3000. Would that classify in ST3 assuming no other modification?

Thanks in advance.

Yep, a JDM Supra could run in ST no problem at all.

I've got an Excel sheet I can send over that will walk you through the adjusted whp/weight concept. It's not just a whp divided by min weight formula, there are some "tweaks" / correction factors to consider as well. For me, I understood the formula for the class tons easier when I could flip different check boxes and/or enter different weights & whp figures.

at 320whp and 3,000lb min weight you'd come out at 9.275 assuming no other correction factors applied that would push that figure any lower, well within the class minimum for ST3 at 9.00

If it were me, I'd look at doing a 275 max width DOT tire, and do some non-OEM aero tweaks, which would change around your adjusted hp/weight ratio to 9.175 and probably perform a bit better all-around