Cost for spectators

delirium45

Is this open & free to the public ?

I have some friends in the area and they'd like to come watch some of the racing action, but i cannot find any info on what they might expect for entry fee.

Thanks in advance.

Well, the event regulations say:

8) Each entry includes One (1) driver and Two (2) Crew persons. Additional

crew credentials will be available for $40 each at the track.

However, spectators are not the same as crew. Crew usually has access to places that spectators cannot/should not go (hot pit lane, etc). Most regional NASA events that I have been to are free to spectators. So, for Nationals is it free or is there a per-day cost or a discount cost for the entire event?

Guess that depends on how much you trust your friends - anyone that'd come out to see me would listen if I told them to just stay put in the stands. Also with the amount of freebies being cut down to 2, that'll reduce the extras out there floating around anyway. Guess that's a new thing for 2013.

Looks like Mid-O was around $15 a day or $35 for the event last year:

viewtopic.php?f=91&t=61966

I didn't readily spot any threads to get a gauge on the years things were at Miller. I do recall giving away some of my extra 2009 crew passes at Miller to help out a friend's group to get them in the gate without a charge, so I'd expect there will be something but as to it's amount, or structure...??

Hopefully someone like Will Faules will chime in.

From last night's Championship Update email:

Spectator Ticket

Spectator tickets are available for folks coming just to watch the action starting Friday. Spectator tickets provide access to spectator areas as well as cold areas of the paddock. These tickets must be purchased from the Miller Box Office at the track. Pricing is as follows:

$25 (3-day) $15 (2-day) $10 (1-day)