Which SN95 hubs are best, either OEM or aftermarket?

DavidSim

Hi everyone,

I need to buy some SN95 hubs for my project, would appreciate any advice on the best hubs to buy (either OEM or aftermarket).

I checked at the local Ford Dealer, SN95 hubs are still available from Ford, not sure if one is better than the other though.

Not sure if there are better alternatives in the aftermarket.

Thanks.

I use the OEM ones that have KOYO bearings (SKF brand I believe). They last 4-6 weekends depending on the track. The other knock-offs last 1-2 weekends. KOYO bearings are the key. Must be KOYO bearings; yeah, definitely KOYO bearings....

OEM Ford hubs on Mr. G's car is a whole different world than the having the same hubs on a CMC car.

What kind of project are these going on?

After plenty of similar research with the CMC crowd, it's pretty common for a USED set of hubs in good condition with an unknown number of miles on them to last TWO YEARS on a CMC car, and they still aren't worn out. After that we will replace them just for safety sake, and then keep the ones we took off as spares. They key for year one is to take them apart, clean them, inspect them, and if they are in good shape, replace the crappy OEM grease with synthetic grease and reassemble them. Be very careful to not damage the seal when removing and replacing them as those are not available separately. Then for year two, disassemble them again while keeping track of which side the ball bearings came out of, clean, inspect, regrease with synthetic grease, and them reassemble the inner with the outer ball bearings.

There are also pictures available of this process either on the TX AI/CMC forum or the national CMC forum. I believe Michael Mosty is the one who posted the pictures.