spec iron hp tq rating

stevepoe

The 285 number is going to have to go way up cause all the cars make over 305tq and 293hp. Avg I've seen is 295/314. We can't carry around 3-400pds of ballast that's just dangerous!

With the ford performance tune only w CAI and just the cats removed the norm is around 295rwhp + or - 5 hp.I would think that should be a good mark for hp.As far as the tq let it be what it is.The exhaust is open after the manifolds and you can't get but so much tq out of a stock 3V.

A 3600+ lbs car with 285 hp and tq with 3.73 gears and a crappy 5th gear?Can you say boat anchor.

I will take the weight and extra hp. You can keep that light and low hp on a s197 brick overdrive 5th gear transmission car.... just prefer it not be 3600 plus pounds .

How about a tq / hp like ai ? say 11.75 on hp and 11.25 or so on tq. The tq number is what is killing it......... 309 rwtq at 11.75= 3630.75

on a 295 /309 car it would be

295 rwhp at 11.75 = 3466.25

309tq at 11.25 = 3476.25

about the same ...keeps it in check and doesn't leave the door open to unlimited tq. which equals crazy exhaust systems that require cash and dyno time...

Those #'s are easily achievable without alot of effort.Maybe the powers that be could jump in here with a little input.It sure would be nice to hit the ground run next year with all our ducks in a row!

funny, i just put my car on the dyno today and have a very different result

mustangdyno.jpg

Geez, those numbers are closer to our mildly modified Chevy Cobalt than an S197....hope you figure out the issue!

I vote 11.35pds per HP that way we can still keep our 3350 weight with 295hp

no way you are 3350 post race with driver in spec iron trim. not possible

Olaaf, next time you hit cartek give me a call, I am about 2 miles down the street.. AL.

ha, will do next time. hopefully early next week when the engine is running right!

• 2 weeks later...

BBK “X” mid pipe and 2.5” cherrybombs exiting in front of the axle. Racing intake with the high octane tune, catch can, clean throttlebody, and fresh motorcraft plugs.

I think it’s about right, I looked at this dyno graph i found online as a baseline:

stocks197dyno.PNG

You guys all have super-fresh engines?