Spec Iron Rules clarification question

NASA13

7.9.4 The Ford Racing M-4209-88373 ring and pinion and M-4210-B2 ring and pinion install kit is permitted.

Does this imply that we must run 3.73 only?

Or does this imply that we can run stock gears or 3.73?

Because this would mean we could run 3.31, 3.55 or 3.73, maybe others, but we would have to buy them from a junk yard instead of ford racing....LOL

I figured that we would probably all find that 3.73 was the gear of choice and that is what the intent of the rule was, however my car ran well at TWS with stock gears , makes me wonder

Since 7.1 states you can only use oe parts from the eligible make model and 7.9.4 states you can use frpp 3.73s, you can use any gear that came in the 05-09 3valves or the 3.73s. I think oe was 3.31 or 3.55

I read it as either or . the stock or the fr373. btw you can now find take out 373 gears from take out axles since some of the newer cars run them ....

same goes for radiator and or suspension to keep build costs down to start.

I honestly would like to see us all on the same thing . More of a "spec" in iron then ?

Yeah I wish we could just make it 3.73 and call it done

That eliminates a lot of work and energy if there is ever a track with different gear advantages