HELP! Motorola PM400 and PR400

ILIKETODRIVE

I purchased a Motorola PM400 and PR400 off of EBay recently. I also purchased all the necessary wiring from Sampson Comm for my car and current helmet setup. I thought it would be easy-peesy. I was sorely mistaken...

Any clues/pointers/help/etc? The seller of the PR400 told me that with the "complete frequency information" he could assist me in programming the radio(s). Problem is, I don't even get that either! I'm totally lost. Normally I'm not this helpless but here and now, I am. I thought completely wrong that these were plug-n-play but they are plug-n-program-n-play. Doh...

I've never even seen one of those, but I did a quick search, and found a User Guide at http://www.motorolasolutions.com/web/Business/_Documents/User_guides/Static_files/PM400_EN.pdf and some other info including hands free accessories at http://www.onelinkwireless.com/motorola_pm400.htm. You may already have this info, but maybe it will be of some help. - Jim

• 1 month later...

Did you buy them together and did they tell you they were programmed to function together on the same channels? If not box them up and send them to racing radios or your vendor of choice. They program for $25.

You just need to get the channels matched up. But the radio guys will tell you there are a million other programmed functions to setup. If you send it to a racing radio place they will set you straight and you won't have to deal with any of that stuff.

I just did the same thing 2 years ago with a pm200 motorola and a bunch of cm200's. Good job on the PM400. Most people get the wrong stuff. You got the right stuff.

-Paddy