CMC to AI

dtisinger

I am planning to move from CMC to AI next year. I currently have a 3RD gen Camaro and would like to talk to anyone else who is currently running a 3RD gen Camaro to find out what I need to change on my current racer to be competitive.............Thanks !!

Derek Tisinger

661-747-5796

This is good place to start. We don't have that many guys/gals in 3rd gen Camaros in our area but I'm sure some will chime in with some advice.

Welcome to AI!

Derek, go check out www.frrax.com and read some of the suspension geometry threads. Lower control arms relocation brackets (more anti-squat), PHB lowering brackets (lower rear roll center), decoupled torque arm or convert to a 3-link. That's going to be the biggest fix next to a close ratio transmission and learning to drive a car that actually turns and puts the power down.

Hellzya to another 3rd gen guy!

Nape is right, FRRAX is a wonderful resource for F body stuff.

I''m gonna say a front brake upgrade and rear proportioning valve will be helpful when you get the AI level HP too. Going to C6 rotors up front with CTS-V or ZO6 calipers is a great cheap way to go. I am currently running C6 Z51 style rotors from Rockauto. Centric makes a "high carbon" rotor that seems to stand up to punishment pretty well so far.

Oh, and start cutting. Get her light! I still have a few lbs to lose too.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Allen Blaine @ Blaine Fabrication knows how to make those cars fast. Did you consult with him yet?

Derek,

Are you going to race AI @ Laguna Seca in July?