Factor Five Racing 818 - Classification, legality, etc.

SixStarCars.com

I'm almost positive this has come up on the forum but for the life of me I can't find it anywhere. Searched, FFR, Factory Five (yields a billion results), 818 yields nothing...

So I'll just ask outright. The FFR guys have been racing their 818R in STR-3 but after the new turbo I know it can't be legal for the class. We're building an 818R and an 818S and will be able to make as much or as little power as we want and have some control over the weight, not much lower than 1800lbs. Some quick math suggests that @ 1,800lbs and about 250whp we should be allowed in TT3.

Has the 818 been classified specifically into any existing class? Is it just going to be placed depending on how we build it?

We're getting our cars on December 2nd and they will be built in time for the first local event in Colorado, I just want to have all my ducks in a row. Thanks for the help and we look forward to racing with you!!!!

Keith Pizio, Todd Briley and the Six Star Cars team.

The 818 fits any of the STR classes just depends on it's whp/weight ratio after adjustments. And of course anything that passes racing safety inspection can run in Super Unlimited. PM me your email and I can send over the Excel calculator I built to help people figure out ST & STR classes / play "what-ifs" with and all that.

The translation over to TT classes is a little odd though because STR maps up one class higher than ST does. ST cars are based on production tubs with limited modification to those tubs, where STR cars don't have that limitation, so to lump them together without a correction factor of some sort the translating higher method is really the only other way to do it. STR3 maps over to TT2 and STR1 and SU map over to TTU fwiw.

Here's another topic where someone had similar questions to you. Worked up a couple scenarios for STR3 and STR1 for them.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=108548&hilit=Factory+Five

Thanks!!! Yeah I read that post (specifically your math) a few times over. I think we've settled on less tire and more power. Honestly I'm going to just try to keep the car in STR-3 no matter what.

Am I correct to assume that I'm not allowed in TT classes due to production runs? (They've only sold 300-400 of these)

Also, I'll PM you as soon as the board allows, thanks again!!