New/Better Wheel Option for Spec Z

Brian L.

• Members

Hey Spec Z people! I am working with a wheel manufacturer to get a perfect fitment wheel available for Spec Z. I built a car recently for a customer and had to buy special custom ordered hub centric 20mm spacers to get the current Enkei RPF1's to fit right. The off the shelf spacers normally sold with them are hub centric to the car but not to the wheel which kinda defeats the purpose. I hate running spacers or lame plastic rings so I wanted a better option.

Anyway, since I see no reason to run 10's in the rear, at least not enough to kill the convenience and cost effectiveness of running a completely square setup and being able to rotate tires front to back, the wheel would be...

18x9" Hubcentric, +15 offest (no spacers!), wide bolt whole bore for quick changes in enduro's, and cost would be on par with what we are paying for Enkei's.

So who would be interested?

How about 18x9.5 square?

because they'd be illegal on the front

16.1 Wheels

a) Any eighteen (18.00) inch diameter rim, with a maximum width of nine (9.00) inches front, and a

maximum width of ten (10.00) inches rear may be used.

b) No wheel permitted for competition use can weigh less than eighteen point five (18.50) pounds

with the exception of the Enkei RPF1 being specifically permitted for competition use.

c) Wheels must be one piece. (i.e. No multi piece bolted, riveted, or welded wheels.)

d) Aftermarket wheel studs, lug nuts, and wheel spacers are permitted. Refer to Appendix A for

recommended Nissan Part(s).

NASA_SZrules_2013v1.docx Page 8 of 11

16.2 Tires

a) The 275/35R18 BFGoodrich g-Force™ R1™ tire is the specified tire for the series. Optionally, the

275/35R18 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A™ KDW may be used for wet weather competition.

How about 18x9.5 square?

because they'd be illegal on the front

16.1 Wheels

a) Any eighteen (18.00) inch diameter rim, with a maximum width of nine (9.00) inches front, and a

maximum width of ten (10.00) inches rear may be used.

b) No wheel permitted for competition use can weigh less than eighteen point five (18.50) pounds

with the exception of the Enkei RPF1 being specifically permitted for competition use.

c) Wheels must be one piece. (i.e. No multi piece bolted, riveted, or welded wheels.)

d) Aftermarket wheel studs, lug nuts, and wheel spacers are permitted. Refer to Appendix A for

recommended Nissan Part(s).

NASA_SZrules_2013v1.docx Page 8 of 11

16.2 Tires

a) The 275/35R18 BFGoodrich g-Force™ R1™ tire is the specified tire for the series. Optionally, the

275/35R18 BFGoodrich g-Force T/A™ KDW may be used for wet weather competition.

not if they changed the rules

• Members
Agreed.... and Enkei makes a nice 18 x 9.5 with an offset that requires no spacers

Are they hubcentric? What is the model?

Agreed.... and Enkei makes a nice 18 x 9.5 with an offset that requires no spacers

Are they hubcentric? What is the model?

He is referring to the 18.9.5 +15 RPF1, and of course, they are not hubcentric. There are metallic hubcentric rings that can be purchased though.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Ok, since NASA has released the 2014 rules stating 10" wheels will be allowed up front, that is what I want to spec out for this Spec Z perfect fitment wheel.

Again it will be 18x10", no hub rings or spacers required. Who is interested? Send me a PM with your email so I can send out more details and we can see about getting a group buy going!

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone wants a set of four 18x9 +35 RPF1s in black, let me know. Personally, I like the 18x10 +38 RPF1 set-up, but it does require spacers and I don't have an issue with that.

If anyone wants a set of four 18x9 +35 RPF1s in black, let me know. Personally, I like the 18x10 +38 RPF1 set-up, but it does require spacers and I don't have an issue with that.

We have a special on Enkei RPF1 18x10 +38 5x114.3 silver.........

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members
Any update on these wheels?

Waiting for enough interest to do a group buy, or to convince Phil's tire Service to start carrying them .