2015 mustang AI class killer

stevepoe

Will be interesting to see how the new chassis does in Continental tire. I bet it will be even better than the last since Ford's very engaged in their factory racing program.

I'm pretty excited about the new car. I am praying that the new suspension is a leap forward and can really hand it to any other car in its class.

Will be interesting to see how the new chassis does in Continental tire. I bet it will be even better than the last since Ford's very engaged in their factory racing program.

Ford will probably write a big ass check to imsa/nascar in 2015. The mustang will show back up with roush and multimatic and kick ass . Then it will get rules hung all over it through the season and be a back marker end 2016. Or when another manufacturer writes a better number on the check .

I'm pretty excited about the new car. I am praying that the new suspension is a leap forward and can really hand it to any other car in its class.

I wish Tremec would have placed a better bid on the trans. heard gertag got it again and it's a mt82 carry over. hope not ... If so better add a r1 trans to the bottom line number .

Probably good to start looking into the '15 mustang and see if we have appropriate rules in place now vs waiting to for issues. The IRS seems covered in the existing rules.

track width on the new car is well outside current perameters from what ive been told. this is an argument we've seen here before. so....

While the rules aren't written that way any longer, most of the track widths came from some addition to stock. Can't recall if it was 1 inch or 2. So that shouldn't be a big deal to include it in the future by appling the same logic.

We for sure get some solid data before start changing anything. And I could be wrong but I don't think any one has one yet.

track width on the new car is well outside current perameters from what ive been told. this is an argument we've seen here before. so....

You seriously think a new car would be not allowed due to track width? BTW: I heard it was 2-3" NARROWER, which would make it inside the parameters.

It doesn't matter anyway. The car isn't out yet. Talk of disallowing a new car before its out is kind of like organizing the deck chairs on the sinking Titanic. Oh look, a squirrel!

Good Job Steve! You got a topic going. We may as well change the power to weight ratio on this car now. Maybe 15:1?

edit: changed "chance" to "change"

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...