What else to make car race ready?

BimmerIsMyName

My friend and i are looking to enter his 1999 Honda Prelude into the Honda Challenge. List of modifications so far include:

DC header, skunk2, coils kyb shocks stock, drilled n slotted fronts R1 rears SP performance, wheels motegi racing, p28 ecu w/chip and engine swap with JDM accord si-r.

As of now, the car sits as such.

1273481_10151838442250211_1540688174_o_zps537f87c6.jpg

I know we still need to put safety glass in place of the sunroof as well as a roll cage. Looking for some tips from veterans who have gone through this before that could give me some tips and direction.

Welcome! Before you do anything else, you'll want to read the CCR. The racecar tech requirements you're asking about are listed in section 15. http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/ccr.pdf

And you'll want to put metal in place of the sunroof if it's glass

Thanks for the link. Looking like we've missing 12-14 items to complete right now

Also going to want to make sure you have everything you need in regards to obtaining a Competition License for wheel-2-wheel racing with NASA.

I think the license will be applied for as we get closer to finishing the list of remaining items.

Question for both of you, would our current set up (engine wise) be legal?

Question for both of you, would our current set up (engine wise) be legal?

That question should be answered in the HC class rules which you should also read before you spend another dime or minute on the car http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Honda-Challenge.pdf

And/or you could always run it in PT with a custom base class (need dyno sheet and weight), http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/performance_touring_rules.pdf

I think the license will be applied for as we get closer to finishing the list of remaining items.

What is your experience level in terms of prior track time, existing licenses, etc? The reason I ask is because if you don't have the minimum prior training yet, you'll be spending some time on track in the HPDE program before you go racing, which doesn't require all the safety stuff that racing does. (It's a great idea of course, but not required. You can do HPDE in pretty much any car that passes tech, even a bone stock street car. It's all listed in the CCR that I linked in my first post.) So... you may theoretically be able to shorten your list and get on track having fun with the car sooner