Where does the new (2010 - present) V6 Camaro fall?

jimbow

I've looked at the Time Trial rules and can't find it.

I don't think I'd TT my daily driver, however there may be extenuating circumstances and I'd like to be prepared.

Mine is a 2012 2LS, with the 20" RS/SS wheels (If the car winds up in TTF-TTB I'm sure I need to add the points for the wheels since they are larger than the sizes available for those classes)

Or should I just spend the $100 and put it on the Dyno?

If your car isn't listed it is probably because it might be the first one to compete in TT/B-F CLasses. Just email Greg G., [email protected] and request a base classification be added to the rules for your car. Once it is classed you will be able to complete a classing sheet per the rules. Wheels are part of the "No Points Modification List" and do not add points. Tires do, but diameter isn't a factor only width and compound.

If your adjusted Weight/Power Ratio is greater than 10.5:1 then the following applies and you don't need to worry about a base class:

"The minimum “Adjusted Weight/Power Ratio” for any car in TTB is 10.50:1, regardless of how many points it has, or which base class it begins in. Any car with an “Adjusted Wt/Hp Ratio” lower than this cannot compete in TTB-TTF, and moves to one of the TTU/TT1/TT2/TT3 classes."

The internet has a weight/HP listing putting the 2012 2LS at or over 11.6:1 so you should be fine for the points classes unless you have a lot of HP or weight reduction mods.

Its a V6, I think It books close to 3700lbs (dry) with 310ish engine (not wheel) HP

at 4000lbs (wet + driver) it would need 380ish whp

Maybe I'll get time tonight to send Gregg an email

Mine is a 2012 2LS, with the 20" RS/SS wheels (If the car winds up in TTF-TTB I'm sure I need to add the points for the wheels since they are larger than the sizes available for those classes)

You pay points for tire width, and nothing about wheels if they don't increase track width more than 4" per F5.

Mark

• 1 month later...
Make sure you can comfortably fit in it with your helmet on. It was too low for me with that low roof line.

FWIW, my medium-sized Bell SA2005 helmet would not fit through the open driver’s side window of a Camaro SS that I rented (and promptly took to the dragstrip) a couple of years ago. So, if you discover yourself in a situation where you need to crawl out the window in a hurry, you may very well be SOL.

Mark

Make sure you can comfortably fit in it with your helmet on. It was too low for me with that low roof line.

FWIW, my medium-sized Bell SA2005 helmet would not fit through the open driver’s side window of a Camaro SS that I rented (and promptly took to the dragstrip) a couple of years ago. So, if you discover yourself in a situation where you need to crawl out the window in a hurry, you may very well be SOL.

Mark

big head syndrome,,,

• 2 weeks later...

Mark

I don't think a small will fit through the window

And yes with the 2LS the driver seat can be dropped down to the floor and with a little extra layback I can arrange things so the helmet clears the roof (no sunroof). I've given up the idea of ever using this car in TT.