Midwest points

D Algozine

Chris/Lawrence,

Can someone explain/clarify the points drop system for the Midwest Region this year?

Matt

Matt Erickson

AI #27 Midwest

I copied this from the Midwest section. What's the scoop? How many races are dropped? details.....etc....?

Thanks,

Dave

Can someone explain/clarify the points drop system for the Midwest Region this year?

Matt

Yes, I can. We originally were going to have 3 race drops for each region. The Ohio Indiana will still have 3 drops. However, since the cancellation of Blackhawk, the Midwest will *MOST LIKELY* have only 2 race drops in our region. Don't forget, MAM will be a triple race weekend, and so will Putnam.

This will be cleared up soon, but that is the way it looks now.

If we are making up the number of races by adding to MAM and Putnam why would the number of drops change?

Putnam was always a season ending big-shebang triple, so we are actually only making up one race at MAM.

Four race weekend at Putnam? We'd better bring two cars.

Actually this works out for me. I've missed the entire summer season and won't be able to get the car out until mid September. That means with the way our season is scheduled, I'll still make half the races.

Mark, Yep 7 races left in the Midwest season....OR you play hard ball as the spoiler role and race for points at Putnam Park in the OH/IN region?????

If we are making up the number of races by adding to MAM and Putnam why would the number of drops change?

Putnam was always a season ending big-shebang triple, so we are actually only making up one race at MAM.

Chris, according to the original schedule (posted on racenasa.com)Putnam was a triple and the season had 13 races. With MAM a triple and Putnam a quad we still have 13 races.

So does that mean it is status quo and there will be 3 drops?

Richard.

Mark, Yep 7 races left in the Midwest season....OR you play hard ball as the spoiler role and race for points at Putnam Park in the OH/IN region?????

Who's in the lead, and who's in second. I'll put it on ebay for people to bid where I go. Of course with it being an almost new car, the only spoiling I'll be doing is to the back markers.