WTB: Racing Seat in Dallas area

BobNilsen

Looking for a good deal on a racing seat for use on track days. Max budget is about $400. Anyone have anything in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

-Bob

I have a 17" width Ultrashield "Spec Miata" style aluminum seat that I'm not using (went with a different model). Can transport it with me to any NASA-TX event in that area and/or handoff to a NASA-TX member that may live near you. Looking for I dunno, $125 or so.

Let me know if that's something that would be down your alley.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your response. Would you happen to know if that seat require a back brace, or can it be mounted using only the lower side mounts?

-Bob

Looking for a good deal on a racing seat for use on track days. Max budget is about $400. Anyone have anything in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

-Bob

Check with Terry Fair at Vorshlag.com. They have some nice seats in that price range and they are in Plano, Tx. Just a short drive from Dallas.

John

330ci Blue

Hi John,

Good suggestion... I have been to Vorshlag, and those guys are super helpful.

But they only had 1 seat in their showroom in my price range, and it didn't fit me very well.

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your response. Would you happen to know if that seat require a back brace, or can it be mounted using only the lower side mounts?

-Bob

all aluminum seats require a brace - FYI - but not being composite/fiberglass they'll stand up to punch-through with a correct brace design.

sorry didn't respond sooner, your message just popped up.

After your 5th your posts no longer sit in quarrantine with spam. I should've left my email for you to ping me on my fault! Hope whatever you ended up with works great

I found the perfect seat, lightly used, for a great price.

It's a Cobra Suzuka GT. Fits me like a glove. And I'm convinced that Cobra seats are quite durable based on all the many used racing seats I've seen over the last 5 months of searching for the perfect seat.