Requirements for TT and Racers?

Red Tornado

page 54 of the TT rules:

In order to be eligible to compete in the (earlier) NASA Eastern States Championship a TT

competitor must score TT points in four regional TT events, in any region, in any TT class, on at

least four (4) different event days, prior to the registration deadline for the Championships.

I would ASSume for racing it'd be 4 races - that'd mirror prior practice.

I would ASSume for racing it'd be 4 races - that'd mirror prior practice.

Agreed. If NASA made req's for TTers and Racers different that would be really odd.

for those that didn't click the link Jon had...

official answer from Will Faules...

TT has it's own qualifying requirements, yes.

Race req: 4 races or 3 races and 1 tt result

Tt req: 4 tt results.

1 tt can count towards the race requirements, so essentially what these folks need are 3 races and 4 tt results.

for those that didn't click the link Jon had...

You know we ain't got time to click and read stuff

wow, so before where races counted towards TT's now they don't

So looks like 3 races and 4 TT's will get you a ticket to nats if you want to do both

nope, not since at least 2011 (that's as far back as I have archived TT rules on this machine - could be even farther back... possibly 2009 and maybe even earlier).

nope, not since at least 2011 (that's as far back as I have archived TT rules on this machine - could be even farther back... possibly 2009 and maybe even earlier).

when I did nats in '11 they did, so it must have changed in '12

In previous years long enough enduros (past 6hrs? its been a while) counted as two. Since supps for this year haven't been written or published though...

• National Staff

when I did nats in '11 they did, so it must have changed in '12

Races have never counted toward TT for Championships eligibility, including in '11. Two TT's used to count toward racing eligibility, though. I'm pretty sure that you did 5 (maybe 6) TT events before the Champs in '11.

I think races should never count toward TT eligibilty.

The last thing we need at a national TT event is to have W2W guys out there (who don't really understand the time trial format) just to get track time to practice for their race.

Races have never counted toward TT for Championships eligibility, including in '11. Two TT's used to count toward racing eligibility, though. I'm pretty sure that you did 5 (maybe 6) TT events before the Champs in '11.

I stand corrected, and memory loss is indeed picking up speed I do remember the two events counting towards the other, but I thought it was Race to TT.

• 3 weeks later...