Track Records - Please chime in!

Grizlbits

I was looking at the track records to get them posted and I came up with a couple questions.

1. Race & Qualifing Sessions or Race sessions only? Practice is not monitored and some people have used slicks or non-legal tires (myself included) during practice, so I will definitely throw out the practice times. The questions is Qualifying, do we count qualifying or just race laps? My vote is fast time during qualifying or race counts. Let me know your thoughts.

2. Electronic timing only? I know we had at least a couple of races timed by hand in Indiana/Ohio last year. Does this count towards official track records? The other option is any time on the official qualifying or race results count. I vote no, only electronic timed laps. Your thoughts?

Out here on the West Coast, only the fastest race lap is counted as a record.

As far as electronic or hand timed, I think as long as it's classified as an official lap time, it should count.

I agree, if the lap time is considered official with NASA, whether it is qualifying or during the race, it counts for the record.

Brian

A quick check of the CCR yields:

21.7 Lap Record

A lap record will only become official when the NASA office publishes it with as the “Official Lap Record.” A lap record will only be valid when set during a race. A lap record set with a vehicle that has been found illegal in impound for that race, will not stand.

My opinion is that qualifying should count as well as races, but apparently the CCR disagrees.

I also think that electronic or manual timing should be acceptable. If it's good enough to be "official", it's good enough for the records.

My opinion is that qualifying should count as well as races, but apparently the CCR disagrees.

I agree with you, and we (American Iron) can supercede the CCR with on "okay" from the boys on left coast if we ask nicely.

I think qualifying or race times should count as track records. Both require the car to be legal which is not the case for practice sessions.