Bolt-in door bars

67goatman455

I have read all of the CCR rules but there is very little information about door bars. My car has an identity crisis of if it wants to be a race car or a street car. Im really preferring some sort of bolt in door bar set-up but would like it to be legal of course. These would be the clamps that i would use: http://camburg.com/store/fabrication-parts/billet-tube-clamps/

interlock-parts-345x345.jpg

See 2014.1 NASA CCR section 15.6.3. You are likely fine.

I edited your post to show the part in question.

Mark

thank you!

The rules are quite basic, i would like to get a definite answer before i start welding them in. I am going to try calling a few places for answers as well.

This is no different than using an Autopower bolt-in cage, which is considered to be legal per the CCR.

In which class is your car raced?

Mark

the car is not finished as of yet. I'm not sure how competitive i will get but it will be more HPDE's than anything. Maybe time attacks in the future im not sure but i dont want to have to redo something later or not be able to compete because of something. Ill brush up my knowledge on autopower kits and see what everyone else has used them in already

OK, so it's an HPDE car, not a race car. Door bars are not required in HPDE or Time Trial (uh, what's a time attack?), so you can do anything you want as long as the end product isn't blatantly unsafe (no spikes pointing at the driver, etc.).

Mark