Dyno certification question for AI - Dynojet, Superflo etc

Jeremymoen

Hey all,

I'm new to AI. Just ran my first race back in Nov. with Mid South in Memphis. Can't wait to get back in the car.

Anyway, that weekend being my comp. school weekend and only one other possible AI car, the call was made to not worry about the dyno cert. for that one weekend.

So now I"m trying to figure out where I can go to get this done. I'm planning to hit St. Louis Gateway event coming up, and then most likely run whatever races I can afford with the Midwest group. I was hoping to find a dyno shop real close to St. Louis so I could dyno on the Friday before the race weekend, but I have word from Bill Collins that it's not going to work out that way. It was going to be out of the way anyway.

I'm in Evansville, IN which is the southwest tip of Indiana, just across from Kentucky. There happens to be a shop close by but he has a SuperFlow dyno, which is a loaded type dyno intead of the intertial type Dynojet that is specified in the AI rules. I guess I'll take it that using a correction factor between the two has been ruled out.

Anyone know of any approved dyno shops in Southern Illinois, Indiana, western Kentucky or so? I don't mind towing a little way, but 75 miles north of St Louis would make for a long day from where I'm at.

I guess there's a dyno shop close to Blackhawk Farms - or there used to be - anyone know if that's still around? Maybe I just run AIX for the Gateway event.

Well after talking to Mark A., it sounds like there may be an opportunity to hit a dyno close to St. Louis called First Capital. I"m gonna make contact with them and see where that goes.

Look up the website for your local region (where track dates and results are posted) and look for a link to approved dyno facilities......or, contact your local director and ask. Dyno runs from one regions approved shops should be acceptable in another region as well.

Look up the website for your local region (where track dates and results are posted) and look for a link to approved dyno facilities......or, contact your local director and ask.

T&A above is the AI director for the central region and will be at GMP. Gateway is one of those "in the middle" tracks. It isn't really located in any regions core area. It falls right at the edge of Midwest, MidSouth and Central so I'm not sure who's site would list dyno shops for St Louis.

I live in StL and drive past the track everyday on the way to work. PurPerformance, listed above, is the closest shop with a dynojet and Patrick has done some decent work for us in the past.

j

Thanks for the replies guys. I did call Patrick at PurPerformance today, and I have date set up for the 28th. Will work out great. I'll get on the dyno the Friday before the event and should be set for all year, wherever it is that I end up racing. Anyone out there reading this: PurPerformance really has good rates on dyno time from what Patrick quoted me.

Looking forward to some fun clean racing (and lots and lots of learning).

As an aside, I'm not sure that I had seen PUR listed on the NASA lists anywhere. But maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot. I found a list in the Midwest forum section, but it was a thread started in 2007 or something, and most of the shops seems to be closed.

Maybe too much, but it would be fantastic to have a "master list" that way we avoid the ol "Who's region is it" question.

Thanks again for the help, see you at the track

When in doubt, you can always use this:

http://www.dynojet.com/dyno_centers/list_automotive.aspx

See you next week at Gateway.

Thanks Shawn

Cool, I never thought of that. Ran across a couple dynos I didn't know about / had forgotten about.

One thing I didn't know - Vincennes University apparently has a dynojet. Might be able to do some testing there as part of one of their classes or something in the future.

Looking forward to Gateway! Car should be solid this time . . . How about me and you both finish a race this weekend?!