Rule clarification for Nationals

Palmettogasman

I'm planning to attend the National championship this year for the first time and had a few questions. (I don't want to travel all that way to find out my car is illegal.)

1. My headlights are gutted and obviously don't work. It be painful to find a set on short notice so I'd rather know now if this is legal.

2. Do we have to run with fender liners?

3. I have the ability to change tunes via a cruise control enabled ROM. I would use the tune for SpecZ at this event (scouts honor), but does NASA frown on having a faster tune at ones "fingertips" so to speak?

I'm sure I'll have more questions but that's all I can think of for now. Looking forward to meeting some of you in Atlanta!

I'm planning to attend the National championship this year for the first time and had a few questions. (I don't want to travel all that way to find out my car is illegal.)

1. My headlights are gutted and obviously don't work. It be painful to find a set on short notice so I'd rather know now if this is legal. You must run stock unmodified headlights.

2. Do we have to run with fender liners? 18.1 b) Hood and inner fender plastic trim are optional and may be removed.

3. I have the ability to change tunes via a cruise control enabled ROM. I would use the tune for SpecZ at this event (scouts honor), but does NASA frown on having a faster tune at ones "fingertips" so to speak? Don't be surprised if there is a rule in place by summer that requires you to disable the cruise control switch.

I'm sure I'll have more questions but that's all I can think of for now. Looking forward to meeting some of you in Atlanta!

Are you not running a steering wheel with quick release? I need to pull the steering wheel off to plug in the cruise control module if I want to change maps in my car. That way if I ever get sent to tech/dyno I will be sent with whatever tune I ran the race on.