Is ABS worth it?

CRallo

Give up pwr/weight to MAYBE brake later... More consistent / less risk of a flat spot or other error...

What is the general consensus? Are the top guys running ABS? What about Ford Racing ABS?

depends on what you want to do down the road. nobody racing in conti or pwc or trans am are racing a mustang or Camaro wthout the abs.

depends on what you want to do down the road. nobody racing in conti or pwc or trans am are racing a mustang or Camaro wthout the abs.

Do they have a option to benefit someplace else if no abs in those series that you mention Rob?

If I was building a front running ai from nothing . it would not have abs. I would take the power and hope it doesn't rain

I am not sure what your question is, steve. as far as I know taking your abs out in those series does not return you a benefit in return. I also know these cars can run scca t1 and t2. I think you can take the abs out if you want but you don't get something in return

edit: I think its a good idea to have all the hp you can get even if that means carrying extra weight. so if you don't have to carry weight, its even better.

I just don't like messing with a perfectly reliable package. so, yea. If I am building from scratch for AI, I build it without the abs. if I am buying a gs or a gts ford racing car, I leave the abs alone.

• Members

I've had ABS on my AI car for 9 seasons. SN95 ABS from 2005-2011 and FR ABS from 2012-2014... I've driven without it, but prefer it as I can use that extra mental ability to work on other areas of my racecraft and/or car setup.

In TX the majority of our guys have ABS. It's a mix of 4th Gen GM's running their stock ABS and Mustangs running a mix of stock ABS and FR ABS.

It's really personal preference on what you want to run at the end of the day.

We have NOT had a rain race in a few years, so I can't vouch for my FR ABS' ability in the rain.