81.25 pistons???

Leland

so i have a few b18a/b blocks... i am an idiot and bought a NPR 81.5 set because I thought that was H2 legal. They were ebay cheap so now they are worthless. besides "honda/acura"(little pricey for my budget) where would i get a 81.25 piston set? is .010 over or .020 over that big of a deal?

• 4 weeks later...
  • National Staff

Leland,

I have always just ordered them from HPD because it's hard to beat the pricing and their OEM, so I know the quality is good. The cost difference is pretty negligible when compared to the overall cost of building a motor, so I've just chalked it up as a worthy investment for the season of racing to come!

Just my 2 cents.

Rule 8.1b says engines can be bored .040(1mm) over standard bore

I agree with Jeremy factory pistons are the best bang for the buck

Rule 8.1b says engines can be bored .040(1mm) over standard bore

I agree with Jeremy factory pistons are the best bang for the buck

Except that the rules in 10 superceed the rules in 8 for H2. And the 2014 rules in 10 state only available sizes from the manufacturer are legal for H2.

Leland,

I have always just ordered them from HPD because it's hard to beat the pricing and their OEM, so I know the quality is good. The cost difference is pretty negligible when compared to the overall cost of building a motor, so I've just chalked it up as a worthy investment for the season of racing to come!

Just my 2 cents.

I hear you, I decided to grab an HMO Engine, regular B20, from a local buddy that was swapping out and felt b16 was the way to go. I definitely am a fan of Honda bearings(engine, trans or chassis).

Maybe Ill use all the B18 spares to slap together for an engine blow contest.