TT lap times

Racerboy

Hi all,

I am a new member and I was reading the rules in TT and I wanted to know if you can go out and run the fastest lap I think I did and come in and not complete the rest of the laps.

Example: 30 laps and I think I ran my fastest on the 6th lap. can I come in and not be penalized for not finishing all laps? ( trying to keep costs of tires,pads and fuel down)

How to trophies work: (NOT SAYING I WILL GET ONE)

Thanks,

Aaron Quine

OH/IN Region

87 Corvette TTA #121

well

i run in the Midwest region, ( Lawrence M),

and thats exactly what i did,

when i would get a Clear track ahead,

and get a couple good hot laps in,

i would come in before my session was over.

AND, there was a time i was busy with my student, ( i am an instructor)

and i missed one of the TT sessions totally,

i still had the FASTEST time i did all day count.

so, even if you quit early, to conserve the car,

i believe all the laps you did complete, count.

Thanks Mike,

Thats sounds good to me concidering the cost of tires, race fuel, pads and etc. I don't have any sponsors and don't own any oil stocks either, so you know where I am coming from.

Thanks for the info and hope to meet you at Putnum if you are coming.

Aaron Quine

#121 OH/IN

1987 Corvette TTA

Hi all,

I am a new member and I was reading the rules in TT and I wanted to know if you can go out and run the fastest lap I think I did and come in and not complete the rest of the laps.

Example: 30 laps and I think I ran my fastest on the 6th lap. can I come in and not be penalized for not finishing all laps? ( trying to keep costs of tires,pads and fuel down)

How to trophies work: (NOT SAYING I WILL GET ONE)

Thanks,

Aaron Quine

OH/IN Region

87 Corvette TTA #121

I do that all the time. There are some tracks I know during the middle of the day, that I will not go out, because my times will be slower.

thanks to all you great people that got back to me. I am liking this club already and have not even met anyone yet. this is what it is all about.

Aaron, you will see guys out for every possible minute for the seat time and other who will go out for only a few laps. You will see the guys testing different lines for the best times and guys working on different set up. Four of us in Pit/Grid race in TT and we take turns as far as going on track. My son is in HDPE 3 and uses the same car I race, so I am not usually out for full session to save the car. It is up to the driver. Have fun!

Thanks Mike,

Thats sounds good to me concidering the cost of tires, race fuel, pads and etc. I don't have any sponsors and don't own any oil stocks either, so you know where I am coming from.

Thanks for the info and hope to meet you at Putnum if you are coming.

Aaron Quine

#121 OH/IN

1987 Corvette TTA

wow

lots of great responses here! Thanks ALL!

I am going to try to make the one by Indy?

Aaron,

You can go our for as much or as little of a session as you wish. In theory, you could roll the car out, run 3 laps (1 warm up, 1 full hot lap, and your cool down lap) and win your class if your hot lap is the fastest in your class.

And in the OH/IN region, it is fastest lap of the weekend, not of each day. We do have special TT events where that rule isn't followed, but the event schedule will make that clear.