Mid-Engine, RWD Integra... what classes might be eligible?

TurboLS

The subject pretty much sums it up. The integra is my favorite FWD car of all time, but I've been inspired to create a mid-engine, RWD version that handles like a mid-engine, RWD.

I assume I'd be bumped out of Honda Challenge because of the custom frame work, but I'm curious what else might be out there. Thoughts?

Super Touring as a non-production vehicle

and there's always Super Unlimited

a chassis where you didn't have to do quite so radical a conversion wouldn't be so bad. MR2, NSX, similar... depending on whp & weight you could get reclassed into PT or be able to run in ST without the non-production factor hit.

Is there a typical line up of cars that run in those classes? aka would I have a shot with a 250 - 300HP car in either of those groups? I haven't done W2W yet, but am just planning for the future...

keep an eye on Championships coverage I guess - very broad answers as we're talking 9 classes in total (SU, ST1-3, PTB-F) that run the gamut from the fastest possible NASA class to right at one of the slowest (but still fun to compete in imho). At least with the Champs it should be pretty good car/driver combos....

SU is wide open. An LMP1 car would be run here (sans air & fuel restrictions if so inclined), or an F1 car with fenders, or somebody with a jalopy that didn't want to bother trying to class.

ST is alot about meeting the hp/weight formula and maximizing all the areas that are open (suspension, aero, etc). ST3 is the highest (ie slowest) wt/hp ratio, could work out at those power figures probably. If it were me I'd try and avoid getting saddled with the non-prod vehicle hit but once you do get hit with it that opens up quite a bit more avenues to work with (suspension relocation, floorpan & tub mods, etc).

PT is much more limited as you can only do so many mods before you run out of mod points to spend without bumping up to the next class (or over into ST if you bump up enough).

May be worth flipping through the ruleset(s) that interest you most to get a feel for it before breaking out the plasma cutter and attacking your chassis of choice.

Its also good to look who is running in your area and make some kind of choice of which kids you want to play with.

For me in AZ I picked ST right away (mostly because I can't count much past 9) and the 9:1 weight power versus all those points made sense.

Plus in all honesty I want to be able to tweak and invent as much as possible and ST is a bit more liberal in that regard.

FYI... horsepower is a disappointing strategy for winning races unfortunately.

Love to see a real name and location in profiles btw.

Tom.

• 2 weeks later...
FYI... horsepower is a disappointing strategy for winning races unfortunately.

FYI, lack of horsepower is a great strategy for losing races unfortunately...

That's a two way street.