Helmet forced air ventilation

Tjyak50

I want a new helmet (SA2010+) with forced air ventilation and it looks like some have a chin area mounted air hookup and others a top mounted hookup.

Any sage advice on the pros / cons of chin vs top or other?

Thanks in advance.

Tj

I have a top mount and a buddy has a chin amount. We each like our own setup.

- before you order either one, check the clearances to the sides of the seat and top of the seat to the cage and roof. That may determine which one you get.

- do you want air on your face or on your head?

I have a top mount and a buddy has a chin amount. We each like our own setup.

- before you order either one, check the clearances to the sides of the seat and top of the seat to the cage and roof. That may determine which one you get.

- do you want air on your face or on your head?

Kevin's advice is good. You should check both, but I think you are much less likely to have any clearance issues or restrictions with a top mount. I would not do a side mount again in my application. When evaluating side applications, remember you can do it on either side of the helmet. In addition to interferece from the seat, consider other factors like hose routing, window net, side net, radio hook-up, and if the hose will be in the way (like when shifting) if it comes lose during a race.

Great input.

Duh... I Didn't even think of clearance issues with cage, roof, nets and/or a future seat (Halo).

I think my answer is forthcoming....

Thanks guys.

Tj