OEM-Style Hardtop for S2000. Points?

gearhead1186

I am aware that a OEM or OEM replica with the exact same size and shape of OEM may be used on a convertible without collecting points.

I am slowly building a car that I will eventually run in TT. With that said, is anybody see a reason why the OEM replica top below would be allotted points? Or better.... is anybody with an s2k running the top below succesfully without collecting points? I'll be in the NE region and I looked at the NASA NE regional site I didn't see any S2000s so I wanted to confirm. OEM tops are hard to come by and Id hate to have to be forced to sell a replica just to find an OEM one down the road.

http://www.forbidden-usa.com/product_p/frbn-oe-frp.htm

Thanks fellas!

the outer shape is what matters, if that matches it need not be OEM materials and full headliner etc because all that inside stuff going away or changing just counts as weight reduction.

I'm just going to leave this here.

http://www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38768

Hah, I unfortunately can't get back the time I spent going through that thread. Even though the Mugen-style top likely offers no noticeable advantage, I completely understand the reasoning for points. If no points were allotted for non-OEM shape roofs on s2ks, other coupes/sedans will argue that they should be able to change their roofline.

the outer shape is what matters, if that matches it need not be OEM materials and full headliner etc because all that inside stuff going away or changing just counts as weight reduction.

Thanks. That was the logic I was following as well.