HC1 S2000 CR

SubiePig

Quick questions about the front splitter rules. I have a scca T3 car that I am planning to change into HC1, you can run the CR airdam in HC2 but I haven't seen anything where you can run anything other than a 1.5" splitter in HC1. Looking at photos from nationals there was a car running the CR dam with a splitter that was from the looks of it 1.5" from the lip of the airdam. Is this legal?

IMG_2240.JPG

I'll let one of the H1 guys comment on that but why don't you run H2? It's setup perfectly for crossover from touring.

IMHO the S2000 is more competitive in H2 than it is in H1. I will be running one again this year.

I'll let one of the H1 guys comment on that but why don't you run H2? It's setup perfectly for crossover from touring.

IMHO the S2000 is more competitive in H2 than it is in H1. I will be running one again this year.

From what I had gathered it was the other way around on competitiveness and they had made it a direct transition to get T3 people to come run? I bought the car built for T3 by a shop in California with plans to build it up slowly. First step was making it regionally competitive in TTB and then go to H1 when I wanted to go to w2w.

That's me in the #75.

Jeremy is correct H2 is the crossover from T3 and your car will be competitive there with no mods. H2 allows wings and splitters but not outside the stock body panels----except for the restricted preparation S2000 in H2---you can only use the CR lip and the CR wing.

H1 is allowed to have any wing, side skirts, or splitter up to 1.5" outside the body line of any stock Honda part. My car was not originally a CR but since it is a stock Honda part I can put it on and go 1.5" outside of that.

No need for any rule changes, come race what ya got and have fun.

IMO to be competitive in TTB you might have to mod the car to be competitive, then you would have to change it back to stock to race H2. You might be better off running TTC with no mods to learn the car then move up to racing H2. You don't want to make the mistake of spending money on parts that you won't be able to keep on the car. my .02c

Biggest issue with running the car in TTC is that its a CR so I start off at TTC**, just my Ohlins put me at 19 points. This is why I was going to go to TTB/H1 since locally no one runs HC but there is a really large TTB crowd. I guess it comes down to if I want to be locally competitive in TTB or want to be midpack and get seat time to run HC2 at nationals.

Nationals is a higher bar to reach, why not be in HC2 tune for locals to make you stretch to win B locally, then you're more ready for Nats that way.

• 3 weeks later...

So, T3 and HC2 don't directly swap over.

SCCA

Ride Height: 4.5"

Springs: 600 Lbs max

Rim Width: 8.5"

Weight: 2850 Lbs

Tire: DOT R-comp

Tire Size: 245

NASA

Ride Height: 4.0"

Springs: Just says allowed to use CR Springs and Sways?

Rim Width: 8.0"

Weight: 2900 lbs + 75 lbs for TTX36 dampers

Tire: Toyo Proxy RR

Tire Size: 235

Not worried about tire but all three of my wheel sets are illegal, 8.5 on the rear.

Any clarification on the spring comment? If only CR Springs are allowed as a upgrade that would suck to have to change setup between series.

So, T3 and HC2 don't directly swap over.

SCCA

Ride Height: 4.5"

Springs: 600 Lbs max

Rim Width: 8.5"

Weight: 2850 Lbs

Tire: DOT R-comp

Tire Size: 245

NASA

Ride Height: 4.0"

Springs: Just says allowed to use CR Springs and Sways?

Rim Width: 8.0"

Weight: 2900 lbs + 75 lbs for TTX36 dampers

Tire: Toyo Proxy RR

Tire Size: 235

Not worried about tire but all three of my wheel sets are illegal, 8.5 on the rear.

Any clarification on the spring comment? If only CR Springs are allowed as a upgrade that would suck to have to change setup between series.

Run a 235 RR on an 8" wheel (If you have the dough run a T3 wheel/tire setup separately)

Run with around 100lbs of added ballast to get above 2975 for HC2; ditch ballast for T3

CR spring rates: 384/343 http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/960657-s2000-spring-rate-sway-bar-rates/ (Ride height shouldn't be an issue with CR springs)

I'm a budget racer so I think about budget first and then worry about ideal setup.