NASA Championships in all Cardinal Directions

loftygoals

Now that we have the West and East Championships, has the idea been considered of adding North and South?

I would propose that the schedule alternate such that odd years have East and West and even years have North and South.

Circuit of the Americas would be a great location for the South Championship. Road America or Autobahn would seem like good candidates for the North Championship.

Thoughts?

-bj

I think its a terrible idea! I'd have no excuse not to attend an event close to home. Now I can use the all day tow as reason not to attend Nationals.

I can understand a south championship, but a north championship?

Isn't the racing season up north all of four months, or do you guys just switch to snow tires in September?

BJ, you are full of wild and wonderful ideas. Sounds awesome to me. At Championship at Road America would be an incredible thing. I think it may be cost prohibitive at COTA, though (cool as it would be).

BJ, you are full of wild and wonderful ideas.

My wife has told me I'm full of many things, but "wonderful ideas" has never been one of them.

Championship at Road America would be an incredible thing.

Yes, it would. It is a track with deep history and heritage. And of course there is Siebkens / Stop-Inn Tavern.

Even from Dallas, Road America is much closer than Laguna Seca and an hour closer than VIR.

I think it may be cost prohibitive at COTA, though (cool as it would be).

I can't imagine that to be the case. It might cost more than other tracks, but it seems to attract a lot of racers, and people seem to be willing to pay a bit more to be there. It might take some creativity to make it work. Here are just a few ideas:

• Alter the schedule/format to allow for HPDE groups. This allows more participants to generate more revenue.
  • Partner with a lesser group to share some costs.
  • Utilize all those event planning skills at NASA to put on a concert in the COTA amphitheater and use proceeds to offset the track rental costs. (And provide a killer party for the racers!)
  • Instead of running the full schedule at COTA, do 2 days at (the planned and hopefully soon under construction) Bluebonnet Racing Circuit and 2 at COTA. Only 90 miles separate the venues.

I'm sure others could come up with much better idea than these top of the head things.

The point is that other club racing organizations all put on events at COTA. What does it say about NASA that they don't have an event there?

-bj

• Members

Hey guys!

I love the creativity! We added the second Championships event to make it a more accessible event to the entire country. We specifically named it "East/West States..." and not "Coasts". It is in the plan to move both events to a new location every year. With that said there will definitely be some years that are further or closer to the North and South. So someday while it might not be called "North and South" it may just end up that way.

In regards to the track we'll operate at, we'll always operate at tracks which we also have regional events at. It's the best way we know to ensure our drivers enjoy the track and that we can put on a successful event that you'll enjoy.

Thanks!

In regards to the track we'll operate at, we'll always operate at tracks which we also have regional events at. It's the best way we know to ensure our drivers enjoy the track and that we can put on a successful event that you'll enjoy.

Thanks!

Kewl! So when's our first regional event at CotA?