Downclassing with narrow tires?

HAZE

Hey guys. I've got a n00b question regarding TT classing.

Say I have a car that's been dyno-reclassed as TTE (no points). Can I downclass back into TTF by running a narrower tire?

Since a -30mm tire is -7 points, I'd still have 6 points to play with for mods and stay in TTF. Is this valid? I can't find anything specific in the TT Rulebook about this.

Thanks!

Say I have a car that's been dyno-reclassed as TTE (no points). Can I downclass back into TTF by running a narrower tire?

Read your dyno reclass e-mail from Greg. Does it specifically state that the car must compete in TTE or higher? Dyno reclass e-mails typically state this, but I suppose that there could be some exceptions that I haven't seen yet.

Mark

You're exactly right, I missed that part. "This option may only be used with a TTE or higher final class"

So would this approach be valid using the base classing listed in the rulebook?

Thanks for the help!

• Members
You're exactly right, I missed that part. "This option may only be used with a TTE or higher final class"

So would this approach be valid using the base classing listed in the rulebook?

Thanks for the help!

Yes, it would be valid to do that if your base classing in the rulebook is E, assuming you do not have too many mods already. You still have to be complaint with the power to weight for F then also.

Edited by Guest