SpecZ going Viral in Utah

tkaminsk

Hi Everyone,

My name is Tom Kaminski, the Utah Region SpecZ director. I want to let everyone know excited we are to have the SZ class growing so much in this region. I have been hearing of some cars being sold off due to lack of class members, people saying the class is dead, etc and just want to to share how "viral" the class is growing here and how it SHOULD be spreading elsewhere.

These cars are great and if you want a cheap way to race, SZ is the way to go. They have been proven to be reliable and FAST. I run 2.09's on outer loop, 1:44s on East, and 1:41s on West, and im only 1 year into the class.

We are already outnumbering spec miata on most of our race weekends, which was the initial goal

We have around 10 licensed drivers/cars, with 4 being built, and 3 HPDE SpecZ's, so 2016 we expect to have 10+ every race.

There is a lot of SZ momentum here and just want to spread the word that we were ridiculously successful in implementing the class here in Utah.

If anyone has any questions for me, dont hesitate to ask.

20140817_143152_zpsei3kps0s.jpg

Tom Kaminski

#16 SpecZ Director

512-799-5139

[email protected]

Hi Tom,

Great seeing you again and racing with the new guys a couple of weekends ago! Like Tom said, SZ has gone viral in the Utah region. Besides all the cars that Tom and Matt Guiver have built/are building, there are two other shops that are specializing in building Spec Z's. It's really cool to see.

Looking forward to racing with you & Arthur (and hopefully more) at High Plains Raceway here in Colorado in October!

• 1 month later...

So jealous!

quote="tkaminsk"]Here is a shot of grid from this weekend. We had 12 specZ's!! There are still a few broken and being built. we should have 20 next season!

FullSizeRender_zpsg2pdjhfk.jpg

Glad it's still ramping in Utah. The scene looked awesome (and fast) when we were out there for the six hour enduro in August. Too bad in California it never took off. Anyone looking to get in cheap and quick, I have a buddy selling a spec z ready car in the Bay Area. All it needs is the suspension and, just coincidentally, I have a (gently) used set we could throw in for the right price. Delivery is also on the table. Who's interested?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any of you guys heading down for west nats in 2016.

I would enter if we had some car counts plus I know of one other spec z in California, that would make it 2 on top of any cars from outside California.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Rherold9!

Grids are consistently over 15 and counting. I suspect we will hit 20 Spec Z by August for certain. It's pretty amazing to see in person!

• Members

Excellent news! I know the RM Z drivers are good friends with our Utah team. And FWIW, the NASA Utah event on UMC's outer loop will be featuring the WERC 6 hour Endurance race beginning at 6pm! This is the only chance anyone gets to drive on this world class facility at night! Always an exciting weekend to see so many visitors from around the country!

Question is DB, will you be campaigning the NP01?