New 944 Spec

Lucid Moments

So I have picked up a 1984 944 street car, and will eventually convert it to 944 Spec. But I will probably drive it in DE a few times to start with as I have never driven a RWD car on track before.

My thought is to start with the suspension. I have read the rules, but would welcome any advice anyone wants to give me. I am thinking to put all new bushings, (possibly poly) in it, and replace the shocks with one set off the list in the rules, but what kind of spring rates and sway bars work well in these cars?

www.944spec.org is where most of the activity is these days - you find lots of infomation there.

In short, Koni yellows (spec'd in the rules), with 350 or 400 lb 8" front springs, and Weltmeister or Tarret antisway bars are the popular combinations. Paragon products has a Spec suspension package that has what you need.

Excellent, thank you very much. And I found 944spec last night and was going to post up over there if nothing happened here soon. I'll direct more questions over there first from now on though.