American Iron Races in Northern California Late 2015?

Track Snake LA

Hiya,

I'd like to visit some AI races in northern CA. In nosing around the forums I don't see any American Iron class racing in NorCal from 9-2-15 onward. Is that incorrect?

Thanks,

Mike

Hiya,

I'd like to visit some AI races in northern CA. In nosing around the forums I don't see any American Iron class racing in NorCal from 9-2-15 onward. Is that incorrect? Thanks, Mike

The Norcal events are listed at http://nasanorcal.com/index.php?/site/section_schedule/ and when I click on Register Online, the pull down menus for Sept 26-27 and Oct 24-25 both include American Iron and American Iron XTreme, so people can register for those classes. The thing is, that I don't believe that there are many of those cars racing on a consistent basis. The timing and scoring for Norcal is at http://timingscoring.drivenasa.com/NASA_California-Northern_Region/ and if you look thru the results (with the most recent results being listed in the Saturday and Sunday provisional results area and eventually they are moved to the official results), I believe that you'll see a few of those cars racing, but not a lot, but some might race in Super Touring (ST1, ST2, or ST3) or Super Unlimited - AI and Super Touring are all in group C. One nice thing that Nasa Norcal has started doing, is posting the entry list - on the left side of the screen after you hit Register Online - and after you open up the entry list, you can then sort by class and see how many people are signed up. - Jim

I'm hoping to run my javelin Sept 26/27 at Sonoma. I was there in March and I believe I was the only ai car. Ran 1 lap and discovered my 3rd link mount was failing and had to abort the weekend.

Handful of socal guys had been coming up to race but there were no norcal people showing up so they stopped coming.