H2 engine questions...

DRB

I am having a hard time understanding whether or not JDM engine swaps are allowed in the H2 class. Specifically the JDM b16a SIR-II in a USDM CRX or 92-95 Civic hatch chassis. I know there is the b16a2 from the USDM 99-00 Civic Si, but the JDM b16 swaps seem much more available and lower mileage. It does not say whether or not it is USDM and JDM in the notes in the rulebook like with the H22, or 100% USDM like with the k20a3. Would the b16b EK9 Civic Type R only be allowed in a RHD chassis as it was only available JDM and EU in RHD?

Also, if allowed, the b16a SIR-II for example makes for than the allowed 165 hp allowed in the H2 class, 170 hp. Obviously more with the allowed ITR and CTR cams. How would this work?

Sorry if these questions seem ridiculous, I have searched but can't wrap my head around this.

Thank you in advance!

SO:

The B16A from the SiR-II is rated at 170ps (Japanese power measurement: equivalent to like 167hp) BUT that is not at the wheels. It's probably only like 145-150whp. Add the allowed mods and you're probably over haha...but that is irrelevant.

Yes it is allowed. As is the B16B.

The difference between factory horsepower ratings (hp) and wheel horsepower ratings (whp): My Integra has a JDM B18B. Not a B18B1 like the US Integra LS. It is rated at 142ps (which is like 140hp). With just a Comptech intake and ITR 4-1 exhaust manifold and ITR b-pipe/muffler and a dyno tune with a modded ECU...I made 139whp. That's probably in the 155hp range. But the rules go off of whp because there are available tools for repeatable measurement.

Would the b16b EK9 Civic Type R only be allowed in a RHD chassis as it was only available JDM and EU in RHD?

Also, if allowed, the b16a SIR-II for example makes for than the allowed 165 hp allowed in the H2 class, 170 hp. Obviously more with the allowed ITR and CTR cams. How would this work?

For H2, you can put the b16b in any honda/acura chassis not listed as factory or restricted prep in the rules.

About the only way to make too much horsepower in H2 is with taking advantage of the modifications in the rules. Then, you will need a tune to take full advantage. So, while the tuner is doing their thing, have them tune it to the max horsepower in the rules minus a little to make sure you don't go over.

I did not realize the HP limits where WHP. This really made my day Really glad the JDM motors are allowed. So many more of them out there with lower mileage.

My plan is the JDM b16a SIR-II motor with CTR cams, better valve springs to allow higher rpm. Or would I be better off going with the b16b stock? My engine budget will be whatever I sell my mkv GTI for, so maybe $5,000 for a swap. Also the chassis will be either CRX or 92-95 hatch, if it matters.

Thank you for help everyone. Really looking forward to putting a H2 car together this winter for NASA East, but all these different engine options have my head spinning. I get the weight levels the playing field, but I'm guessing each motor has its pros and cons as well.

Thank you for the help!