2016 Rule Changes Proposals Posted

Michael G.

• Members

The Rule Changes are posted. Please take time to think and reply.

We are looking for the input, but please, be courteous and respectful, we all want to make it better, even though might have difference in opinions on how to proceed.

I want to Thank All Regional GTS Directors for input, countless hours spent in discussions, messages, email, etc.

Few proposals dealt strictly with editing the wording of existing Rules, which we are considering and might use once will get to the point of finalizing the text.

Few proposals were declined by the committee for review, but thank you for submitting.

We have 2 weeks - until November 15th to discuss.

Michael Gershanok,

GTS Nat. Dir.

Should we assume that all other proposals are being disregarded? Some proposals are based on statements you made about changes that would be made for 2016.

• Members

First of all, the entire committee is glad to see that we are shifted towards more constructive stage in the discussions on all posted topics including un-popular "no de-tuning by electronic means". Even though that proposal is off the table, we will keep the thread open - strictly for the purpose of listening and looking for ideas. So, keep those coming - no idea is a bad idea. Even, if someone have a proposal after the discussion will be over in about 10 days - please, continue to contribute, we will unlikely find a quick and magic solution for all of the issues, and the intention is to keep the conversation going, so we may get a better answer for 2017.

In regards to the proposals that didn't make it to discussion - all proposals were reviewed and voted on by the Regional GTS Directors. We do not "count votes", and if there is a proposal that has some support (even if minority) - it would still make it to the discussion. We had couple that had no support at all. Couple of proposals dealt strictly with clarifications of definitions and wording in Rules, and will be considered at the time of publishing the final version of 2016 Rules.

Also, please note, that even though all the posted proposals have my name as an author - I only move those from the "proposals page" to the Forums, so, even though, was involved in some of those to a different degree, may or may not agree with some personally. Hopefully, my life will not be in danger because of that.

Keep the conversation going!

Michael G.

GTS Nat. Dir.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Period of discussions is now officially closed. The threads will remain accessible and if someone has an idea to share - feel free to contribute, it may help in the future to find solutions for the problems.

Meanwhile, the final version of the Rules for 2016 should be up before the end of the month - December 1st - the latest.

Thank you All for participating.

Michael Gershanok,

GTS Nat. Dir.

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile, the final version of the Rules for 2016 should be up before the end of the month - December 1st - the late

Michael Gershanok,

GTS Nat. Dir.

Wondering, as im sure most of us are, when the rules will be posted. I am sure you and others are working diligently, however If large changes are being made we need as much time as possible to bring our cars to compliance.

please advise if you have any update at all.

Thanks.

Or to get cars ready for different classes or organizations, right zach?

The unfortunate part is if the rules go down the way I think they will it will probably be true. Good thing is I don't need to change a thing to run the car in PCA

Just a shame that nobody up top seems to care and that the one person that "should" be on our side (national director) is backstabbing us and trying to say that there are actually racers out there that want these changes

Well John, NASA is quick to point out it is their sandbox. If they want to poop in it and use it as a litter box it is their prerogative. After spending the amount of money we did to build that car I am just happy we have somewhere else to run it.

Unfortunately that's not the case for me, and I refuse to run in a class that's almost non-existent in the MA region. After the amount I spent on my car with my "legal" swap last year, I'm about tapped out. I may be forced to just take time away from racing rather than dumping more money into a car that may only be legal for a year at a time. This whole mess just absolutely sucks and is taking all the fun out of racing

I agree. They are making it difficult. It just seems that there is no forethought given to the ramifications of their actions and how it will effect the people who race with them. I'm sorry to hear how this will effect you, but I understand your predicament.

Unfortunately that's not the case for me, and I refuse to run in a class that's almost non-existent in the MA region. After the amount I spent on my car with my "legal" swap last year, I'm about tapped out. I may be forced to just take time away from racing rather than dumping more money into a car that may only be legal for a year at a time. This whole mess just absolutely sucks and is taking all the fun out of racing
You can come run BMWCCA B-Mod or S-Mod with me, and maybe AER depending on how they rule on my car.

Bump to request an update from series leadership on the final set of 2016 rules? Several have posted feedback according to the timelines specified and I feel the group should be kept up to date by the promised deadline (which, at this point, was 2 days ago). If there's a delay, we would appreciate transparency in knowing that's the case - lack of communication only leads to negative speculation that isn't constructive to the series on this forum.