2015 power to weight

7VO-VOM

Can somebody post the exact formula used to calculate power to weight in 2015? Since NASA has (finally) decided to consider what the drivers have to say, it might help us to provide advice if we actually know how the current system works. The wizard of Oz magic current behind which rules are made and math is done is getting a bit tiring.

Hi. I'll try and summarize that for you soon. I'll have to go back through the exact specs to make sure I don't muddle it up though. Give me a bit.

Thank you. I made some guesses on how it worked and sent some recommended adjustments through Michael. He said he'd pass them along to you. It would be nice to know more detail to make sure my suggestions work as enhancements.

I'm going to have to go back to the former National director.

At a high level it takes the top 20% of the horsepower peak, wherever that is, and calculates the average of that. If I recall it iterates through all 20% slices and determines the highest one.

I'll get specifics and ensure that it is documented on nasagts.com