Mazda Decal Requirements

bpanther

FYI

NOTE: New decal requirement for 2016/2017.

"For the 2016 season, we are asking Mazda competitors to begin replacing the “MAZDASPEED” decal on the front nose/hood with a 22 inch “Mazda” logo decal (same logo decal used on rear fender/quarter panels). For 2016 grassroots' competitors, we will approve contingency award requests with the “Mazda” or “MAZDASPEED” logos. Starting with the 2017 season, race vehicles will be required to have the “Mazda” logo decals only. (Pro teams must be compliant for the 2016 season.)

MazdaMotorsports supplies their graphics kit. Make sure to register with their motorsports program: https://nasa-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/document/document/4631/2016_Contingency_Awards_Program_-_NASA.pdf

If you are not an existing Team Member, you can signup here: http://mazdamotorsports.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/B2BDirect/MazdaSportsHomePageArea/PreregistrationSubSection/PreReg.jsp?storeId=10001&catalogId=10001&langId=-1.

UPDATE 2/10

Here is what I ordered for our car. I ordered white, they also have black and silver.

2ea @ MAZDA PATCH - 5"

Part No : 0000-10-PTCH-05

1ea @ DECAL, BRAND SYMBOL(WH)

Part No : 0000-10-WM16-WH

2ea @ WHT MAZDA DECAL 16"

Part No : 0000-10-0016-WH

Estimated SubTotal $15.25

Tax: $0.90

Shipping: $13.08

Estimated Total $29.23

Update 2/23

The stickers being provided in the NASA package are the minimum needed for the series. There are other contingencies you are eligible for that may have additional requirements, Mazda is one of those.

Edited by Guest

For all the different decals and placements, is there a "decal kit" if you will that will supply all these decals and placement positions on the car?

Jay

For all the different decals and placements, is there a "decal kit" if you will that will supply all these decals and placement positions on the car?

Jay

To make life easier, the National Office is putting together packages that include all the sponsor stickers and patches, NASA stickers & patch, NP01 class identifiers and number boards. They have kits in white or black.

We are still waiting for a few item to get on hand, but once the kits are ready, I'll let everyone know.

Jay

To make life easier, the National Office is putting together packages that include all the sponsor stickers and patches, NASA stickers & patch, NP01 class identifiers and number boards. They have kits in white or black.

We are still waiting for a few item to get on hand, but once the kits are ready, I'll let everyone know.

Thanks!

We need some clarification on the Mazda decals-

NP01 Rules say 12" Mazda on each side of car

Mazda says 16" on both sides of engine cover and one emblem/decal on nose.

Which is the right way so we get paid money.

k2ik2c4h.jpg

itPkW60h.jpg

We need some clarification on the Mazda decals-

NP01 Rules say 12" Mazda on each side of car

Mazda says 16" on both sides of engine cover and one emblem/decal on nose.

Which is the right way so we get paid money.

k2ik2c4h.jpg

itPkW60h.jpg

That is a current question we have out to Mazda.

And then for 2017 it said just the logo. I don't want to have to peal stuff off my new car. Since there are few of us now and the 2017 rules will be more in place why not just have us implement the 2017 now since these are all new cars.

And then for 2017 it said just the logo. I don't want to have to peal stuff off my new car. Since there are few of us now and the 2017 rules will be more in place why not just have us implement the 2017 now since these are all new cars.

What they are asking is that it says "Mazda". There are a lot of SpecMiatas out there that say "MazdaSpeed". So we're golden with the package above.

To answer the 16 vs 12 size, just order the 16" (they are $5 each) and you'll be 100% compliant.

The stickers being provided in the NASA package are the minimum needed for the series. There are other contingencies you are eligible for that may have additional requirements, Mazda is one of those.

• 1 month later...

I don't think this change affects the NP01. Being it's a formula/sports racer, and those requirements are not changing.

Mazda Logo on the Nose, 16" Mazda Decal on the Engine cowl (vertical "fin" portion of it)

In other words, The Red car appears to be the correct way, (correction, Jeremy's car is fine too i see the mazda logo on the engine cowl in the other location.)

Can't see either nose properly but as i read the requirement a large mazda emblem with small mazda letter logo under it is the proper look.

Formula/sports racers have never used the "MAZDASPEED" logo anywhere recently that i know of. Only sports cars, (AKA converted road cars)

I put this one here on the nose (It hurt a little putting it on above Elan, but the Elan decal was already there).. I have the Mazda on the engine covers.

EU3Lvtml.jpg