Vacant HC Director position in NorCal

zuperdave

Anyone else in NorCal notice the absence of Honda Challenge series director in the newsletter we recently received about the March event? The contact person for the series is listed alphabetically by series: series listings jump from German Touring Car to HPDE.

Why isn't there a Honda Challenge series director?

Dave R

I think that there hasn't been any Norcal HC director for at least the last few years after the number of cars running dropped off. I believe that someone just needs to step forward if they want to take on the position - I'm really not sure how much work would be involved. If you're interested in the position, then I'm not sure if you would contact Jeremy Croiset, Scott Smith, or Jerry Kunzman. FYI... - Jim

Edited by Guest

O.K., so the number of cars in Honda Challenge races in NorCal has "dropped off" to nearly zero. H1 and H2 are combining to create fields to satisfy contingency requirements. I hear that Honda Challenge in SoCal is alive and well.

My questions are:

1) What is going on in NorCal HC that participation is off;

2) Why is no one is stepping up to be NorCal Honda Challenge Series Director;

3) What is the difference in how Honda Challenge is conducted between NorCal and SoCal/why is Honda Challenge more popular in SoCal than in NorCal?

Thx

DR #192

O.K., so the number of cars in Honda Challenge races in NorCal has "dropped off" to nearly zero. H1 and H2 are combining to create fields to satisfy contingency requirements. I hear that Honda Challenge in SoCal is alive and well. My questions are:

3) What is the difference in how Honda Challenge is conducted between NorCal and SoCal/why is Honda Challenge more popular in SoCal than in NorCal?

Thx

DR #192

Dave,

I don't know all of the details, but here is what I believe or have heard:

Some of the HC cars were totaled, and some of those drivers just haven't come back. Some current and previous drivers don't really like the mix of cars that the HC cars run with in Norcal. It is possible that some of the drivers may return if we get larger fields though. Some of the drivers are running in other series. Some of the previous drivers may also be busy with kids or work. A driver or two may not like some aspects of how Nasa is run, or may have had some disagreement with management.

Not sure, but if you are interested, definitely apply.

Not sure what differences there are in how Norcal and Socal HC were and are run. I've seen comments that some drivers (independent of location) don't like the HP caps, but not sure if that is preventing anyone from coming out and running in Norcal.

- Jim