Pros and Cons for renting my car?

lee33lyn

I've been thinking of renting my car out to others. I can't afford to go every other weekend but could rent my car out 3 or 4 times a year.

I live within an hour from my local track so travel would be a minimal cost.

Is there a market for renting track cars?

Its a 95 Camaro built for CMC.

What's your guys input?

thanks in advance Leebo

What happens when someone breaks something?

What happens when someone damages the car?

Do you know your all-in price per hour (not just fuel, tires, & brakes but *all* consumables and wear items engine, trans, etc).

Then price accordingly and cover yourself where possible from liability and people not honoring agreements.

I don't know that I've got the stomach to rent a car for track use to the general track-going public, but maybe close friends. Hats off to you!

I crewed on a team that rented a car out to a doctor. I think he put down a 5K deposit on a credit card for damages.

Nothing really happened but I bet it would be hard to get more than that out of him if something did.

I built my car myself and have way more than 5k in it. And I've seen more than a few cars totaled at the track.

I can't figure out if I'm trying to talk myself into it or out of it.

Thanks for your input.

not trying to talk you into either route, just posting the pitfalls I've seen happen to others. If there's a good plan to address them, not a bad idea. Could be other pitfalls too. Such is life

not trying to talk you into either route, just posting the pitfalls I've seen happen to others. If there's a good plan to address them, not a bad idea. Could be other pitfalls too. Such is life

I casually rented my car once. Damage done was discovered after the fact. Restitution was promised and never received. In the end, I let it go, but I feel it created a contentious relationship as a result.

My advise is to be ready to be a jerk if the renter ends up being less than reliable.