Z-Boy Blows Off Turbos At Willow Springs

Greg Collier

Sept 10-11, 2005

Eighteen year old Robert “Robby” Smith, alias (Z-Boy) showed up at 73 degree Willow Springs with his finely tuned, non-aspirated, Nissan 280-Z, hunting for a win. Saturdays Super Unlimited race included a pair of Pro-trucks, Dodge-SRT turbo, a big bore Shelby Cobra, and a turbo charged Plymouth Laser. Robby took to the track with his wheels ablaze battling for position with Greg Greenbaum’s SRT and by the final lap took a podium second place finish with Greenbaum on his tail coming in third.

During Sundays qualifying session Robby set his best lap at Willow with a 1:33.487 taking pole for that days heat. All could tell he was pleased with his run as he wore an ear to ear grin during the entire drivers meeting.

Sundays race proved the Super Unlimited 280-Z was the car to beat. Greenbaum’s SRT again forced the issue with Robby early in the race until the SRT experienced some mechanical difficulty. Robby went on to take an unchallenged first place finish with Greenbaum in second and Greg Collier’s Laser running in third.

Edited by Guest

:D . Yes but you are winning the ship! Good luck at Button!

Yeah... but if you put all your PSO wins in the SU class you could stop running right now and take the trophy

Good luck on your SCCA run at Willow my young grasshopper

Greg

• 3 months later...
Eighteen year old Robert “Robby” Smith, alias (Z-Boy) showed up at 73 degree Willow Springs with his finely tuned, non-aspirated, Nissan 280-Z, hunting for a win.

I sure wish i had a 280Z that didn't use any air. Just think of all the weight savings without intake, valve train, etc.

Eighteen year old Robert “Robby” Smith, alias (Z-Boy) showed up at 73 degree Willow Springs with his finely tuned, non-aspirated, Nissan 280-Z, hunting for a win.

I sure wish i had a 280Z that didn't use any air. Just think of all the weight savings without intake, valve train, etc.

Non-naturally... if ya want to get specific It was after a long weekend of racing and towing, I was probably gonna write "non-turbo-ed"

Although, I am working a vacuum carburetor that runs on cold fusion