Best/Inexpensive/Light wheels for S197 AI?

olaaf

• Members

Enkei RPF1 is a really good wheel

16.5lbs for the 17x9.5" version (+18mm and +38mm offsets). About $225/wheel

The hub bore is 73mm, so needs a centering ring (I use plastic ones). Trying to find who I got them from.

Not my car, but an idea of what they look like on a S197

CIMG7432.jpg

I use the Enkies as well, I have only bent a couple over three years, but those were some pretty hits, one was big hole at the end of some curbing. The other was a wreck. So far nothing from just driving on track.

I use the Enkies as well, I have only bent a couple over three years, but those were some pretty hits, one was big hole at the end of some curbing. The other was a wreck. So far nothing from just driving on track.

I have a 3,700 lb car, not that cheated up lightweight car you drive Mark

Also Sebring. And they get a hop on the inside edge. In my experience, most tire guys will ignore it or are too busy to chase you down so you can see it on the machine. You might check yours again since we swapped wheels at Nationals

I have a 3,700 lb car, not that cheated up lightweight car you drive Mark

Also Sebring. And they get a hop on the inside edge. In my experience, most tire guys will ignore it or are too busy to chase you down so you can see it on the machine. You might check yours again since we swapped wheels at Nationals

Funny, forgot about that but man are they clean. They are not perfect by any means but good enough to not vibrate or shake.

• Members

I can deal with a bit of vibration since we get so much pickup on the tire anyway...

I do typically send one set of wheels off to the wheel shop each season to be straightened.

• 4 weeks later...
I can deal with a bit of vibration since we get so much pickup on the tire anyway...

I do typically send one set of wheels off to the wheel shop each season to be straightened.

Where is this wheel shop of which you speak?

I use Wheels America here in the DFW metroplex.

http://www.wheelsamerica.com/

Cool - thanks. So you find they can take the bends out of a $250 wheel economically?

Separately, I was recently told to check my wheels as another AI racer down here has found multiple cracked spokes on the Enkeis. I haven't seen that yet on mine.

• Members

The wheel repair is approx. $100, so I have the wheels straightened once and then when they bend a second time, the wheel is discarded...