2000 Toyota Celebrity Challenge Celica Ready to Go!

gjoseph@socal.rr.com

Own a piece of history with this Celica GT-S that ran the Celebrity Challenge race driven by both John Elway and William Shatner (see the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bokw4El9hwI ). This car has only been raced in the Challenge races activities then retired to instructional purpose by the Fast Lane Racing School at the Willow Springs Racetrack.

I bought the car from Fast Lane and performed the necessary maintenance and most upgrades to allow this car to run SCCA IT, NASA PT, Time Trials or just open track days. I have run the car at Willow Springs, Fontana and Pahrump to get the car sorted out and ready to race in 2017. This is a perfect car for both beginners and those who wish to keep racing costs reasonable.

This car is ready to race, everything is done. Some clubs will require harness refresh, engine bay fire spray nozzle, NASCAR bar on driver side. The motor is stock which makes it both reliable and inexpensive able to run many seasons. It runs strong throughout the total RPM range and handles great thanks to the tuned suspension by TRD.

I updated the car last year with brand new Centerforce Racing Clutch, Alignment, new front axles, new Redline fluids. Both the engine and transmission are solid and should give seasons of trouble free racing.

• MILEAGE: Only 12,640 miles total engine and chassis

• ENGINE Type: Four-Cylinder, Twin Cam, 16-Valve VVTL-i

• 1.8 Liters 190 HP @ 7,600 rpm

• Induction: Normally Aspirated, Toyota Electronic Port Injection w/Plenum Intake and Individual Runners

• Bore: 3.23 Inches

• Stroke: 3.35 Inches

• Compression Ratio: 11.5:1

• Exhaust: TRD Free Flow Stainless Steel Exhaust w/Catalytic Converter

• Transmission: 6-Speed Manual, Front-Wheel Drive

• Gear Ratios: 1st-3.166; 2nd-2.05; 3rd-1.481; 4th-1.166; 5th-0.916, 6th-0.725

• Clutch: Centerforce Single Disc Racing Clutch

• Paint: PPG Automotive Finishes

• Graphics: Vinyl Graphics by Molly Designs

• Type: 4-Wheel Independent

• Front: MacPherson Strut w/Adjustable Spring Perch, Eibach Racing Coil Springs and Toyota Stabilizer Bar

• Rear: Double Wishbone, Eibach Racing Coil Springs and Toyota Stabilizer Bar

• Shock Absorbers: KYB Shock Absorbers

• Wheels: BBS 17” x 7 ½”

• Tires: Bridgestone Potenza RE750, 225x45x17

• Brakes: Power Assisted 4-Wheel Disc w/TRD Brake Pads

• Safety: On-board fire system, full roll cage, five point Simpson race harness, Window net

• Race Weight: 2,481 Lbs.

• Ground Clearance: 4.2 Inches

• Track Width: Front – 58.6 Inches Rear – 58.2 Inches

• Fuel Capacity: 14.5 Gallons

• Accusump oil system installed which provided the engine with oil during sustained turns and pre-oil prior to engine start. This is the top of the line Accusump with electric control.

I currently own three Celicas and will not be racing this one in 2017 due to time restrictions so my loss can be your gain. After buying the car from Fastlane I have and added over $2K in repairs and preparations. For $7000 you get a track ready car, even the battery is charged, just load it on the trailer and go. Email me for questions, discussion and pictures if needed.