Just signed up for HPDE1 March 24-25. Questions.

RedCamaroSS

Hello folks:

Just signed up. I read through Michael Quan's article on "getting your car ready for HPDE" and I have a few questions.

When should I get my car inspected for HPDE1? On the second paragraph there is an "information page" mentioned, and I can't find it. Also, where does one acquire an "HPDE Form"?

As for the Racer's tape to put the numbers on the car, instead of Racer's tape, can I put a permanent decal on the car?

Thanks,

Kevin

It's been a long time since I did HPDE.........or drove a street car on track.

The form: top link on the page.....you can inspect the car yourself if you're competent, or within the week before the event at a shop.

http://www.nasaracing.net/tech/

You can use blue painters tape if it contrast well with your paint. I bought a sheet of white magnetic material and cut out 3 numbers for each side of the car.......then just stuck them on to form the number I signed up with.

Bring something to keep your stuff dry if, heaven forbid, it rains. It's a good group of people, ask for help if you need it........plenty people will!

Green painters tape (“frog” tape) works better on dark colored cars. I wouldn’t bother getting real decals as you may not always get the same number.

I’ll be at VIR that weekend driving HPDE as well, so look me up - black Subaru BRZ.

Dave

Hello folks:

Just signed up. I read through Michael Quan's article on "getting your car ready for HPDE" and I have a few questions.

When should I get my car inspected for HPDE1? On the second paragraph there is an "information page" mentioned, and I can't find it. Also, where does one acquire an "HPDE Form"?

As for the Racer's tape to put the numbers on the car, instead of Racer's tape, can I put a permanent decal on the car?

Thanks,

Kevin

Sorry, which event where? Contact your nearest region - or regional director - and/or check their website for any event specific details.

Don't use "racer tape" which is fancy colored 15 dollar duct tape, it leaves lots of residue on paint. Use painters tape (blue or tan masking tape) or thin vinyl. All of that peels off no residue.

• 4 weeks later...

If it’s VIR.. I’ll be there too. #88 Black Mustang.

Form is available on the Nasa site, my first HPDE I had an independent inspection. This time I’ll sign it off myself.

You’ll have a blast...