Jump to content
Roman V.

2019 NASA WERC Season Schedule

Recommended Posts

Roman V.

March 16 - Willow Springs International Raceway (3hrs)

April 6 - Buttonwillow Raceway (3hrs)

May 18 - Autoclub Speedway (3hrs)

August 3 - Utah Motorsports Campus (6hrs)

September 7 - Sonoma Raceway (3.5hrs)

December 7 - Thunderhill (12hrs)

Edited by Roman V.
Sonoma date change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAmotorsports

I did not follow WERC series in 2018...was the 25HR an event? I know it was in the past but the last couple years there has been no 6HR. With the lower turnout this year in the 25HR...adding WERC back into the fold an attempt at keeping numbers up? Not complaining, actually think its great since I'd like to campaign a car all season this year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman V.
4 minutes ago, RAmotorsports said:

I did not follow WERC series in 2018...was the 25HR an event? I know it was in the past but the last couple years there has been no 6HR. With the lower turnout this year in the 25HR...adding WERC back into the fold an attempt at keeping numbers up? Not complaining, actually think its great since I'd like to campaign a car all season this year!

Not for the last several years. We wanted to make the season longer and more exciting thus adding the Thunderhill back in the mix. Six events with six different tracks will make for a great competition and a racing season. 

See you at the track!

 

Roman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAmotorsports

Thanks Roman!

Now lets move a few things around in the E classes so we have a better balance and more competition! My thoughts in the other thread on E1...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman V.
8 minutes ago, RAmotorsports said:

Thanks Roman!

Now lets move a few things around in the E classes so we have a better balance and more competition! My thoughts in the other thread on E1...

Welcome!  The rules are always a work in progress. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark M

Kudos to Nasa for the best WERC schedule in years. Not only do you BIN the BW sweat lodge in July, you add a great spring enduro track at ACS!  Please get back to us ASAP regarding the 2019 rules set, especially E1, as teams are looking to figure out their build direction..march is right around the corner. Great series, should be a banner year-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman V.
24 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Kudos to Nasa for the best WERC schedule in years. Not only do you BIN the BW sweat lodge in July, you add a great spring enduro track at ACS!  Please get back to us ASAP regarding the 2019 rules set, especially E1, as teams are looking to figure out their build direction..march is right around the corner. Great series, should be a banner year-

We are working on it.

Thanks-

Roman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAmotorsports

So, though I'm not new to NASA, I haven't really followed this series. Now that I'm really looking because I'd like to campaign a car this year, why only 3hr races the first 3 events? Why not longer like the 4hr or 6hr events later in the schedule? Also...no rules on multiple drivers? I assume these  first 3 events can be done with 1 driver and 1 pit stop? 

Roman...who is in charge of rules currently...you? Sean? Jerry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman V.
29 minutes ago, RAmotorsports said:

So, though I'm not new to NASA, I haven't really followed this series. Now that I'm really looking because I'd like to campaign a car this year, why only 3hr races the first 3 events? Why not longer like the 4hr or 6hr events later in the schedule? Also...no rules on multiple drivers? I assume these  first 3 events can be done with 1 driver and 1 pit stop? 

Roman...who is in charge of rules currently...you? Sean? Jerry?

That is all we can fit during the regular race weekend. We will evaluate the schedule this year, gather feedback, and make adjustments for next year. No rules on the amount of drivers. I have iron maned several of the 3hrs enduros in the past. Lots of fun. Several people are involved in making of the rules. They read the forums. 

Thanks-

Roman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAmotorsports

I'm going to guess that your hands are tied by track rules, hours, personnel and what ever else it takes to go later or into the dark. Just my perspective but I see 3hr as a sprint race still...at 4hr, you are starting to add in elements that have to be thought about that make it endurance! Again...just my opinion! 

Also, since people read this...NASA has a very healthy ST4 crowd...when you put them in the same class as ST3, why would they want to race if they cant compete?? The E classes need to have a consistent difference between them. Right now you have E0 as essentially a 10/1 Hp/WT class. Then you have 3 classes that cover 14.5/1 to 17.5/1 in E1 to E3...this needs to be fixed IMO!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTM4

Please clarify...

You have a 12 HR at TH listed on December 7th, and no date has been released for the 2019 25 HR yet, with the first of December 2019 falling on a Sunday. Has the 25 HR been cut to 12? Are we having a 12 HR the weekend after the 25 HR? Please explain.

We are good with whatever...even starting the "25" on Friday and running 37 Hours! :) Just want some clarification.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman V.
23 minutes ago, GTM4 said:

Please clarify...

You have a 12 HR at TH listed on December 7th, and no date has been released for the 2019 25 HR yet, with the first of December 2019 falling on a Sunday. Has the 25 HR been cut to 12? Are we having a 12 HR the weekend after the 25 HR? Please explain.

We are good with whatever...even starting the "25" on Friday and running 37 Hours! :) Just want some clarification.

The date for 2019 25 hr is listed on NASA Norcal website. The 12hr will run within the 25hr race as in the past. 

Thanks-

Roman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTM4

Okay, combined into one race like it used to be...

What is it going to cost a WERC series competitor to have the 12 HR scored? In other words, speaking for myself, we run all the WERC events and the 25 HR every year. The fact that we had to spend a significant amount of extra $$$ to have the combined race during the 25 scored did not sit well with us. Can we do something for the regulars like if one races in 3 or more regular WERC events then the scoring of the 12 HR during the 25 HR only costs like $25? I mean let's face it, the only thing happening here is that the positions at 12 hours are being recorded and scored, then points given out. No extra people, no extra track time, etc. If you price it like another regular race I don't think that is fair to the regulars that support the series all year long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RAmotorsports
3 minutes ago, GTM4 said:

Okay, combined into one race like it used to be...

What is it going to cost a WERC series competitor to have the 12 HR scored? In other words, speaking for myself, we run all the WERC events and the 25 HR every year. The fact that we had to spend a significant amount of extra $$$ to have the combined race during the 25 scored did not sit well with us. Can we do something for the regulars like if one races in 3 or more regular WERC events then the scoring of the 12 HR during the 25 HR only costs like $25? I mean let's face it, the only thing happening here is that the positions at 12 hours are being recorded and scored, then points given out. No extra people, no extra track time, etc. If you price it like another regular race I don't think that is fair to the regulars that support the series all year long.

To understand...fee schedule to run 12hr would be less than 25HR? Or are you saying you signed up to do the 25HR and then were charged an additional fee for the WERC? That would sure seem wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman V.
24 minutes ago, GTM4 said:

Okay, combined into one race like it used to be...

What is it going to cost a WERC series competitor to have the 12 HR scored? In other words, speaking for myself, we run all the WERC events and the 25 HR every year. The fact that we had to spend a significant amount of extra $$$ to have the combined race during the 25 scored did not sit well with us. Can we do something for the regulars like if one races in 3 or more regular WERC events then the scoring of the 12 HR during the 25 HR only costs like $25? I mean let's face it, the only thing happening here is that the positions at 12 hours are being recorded and scored, then points given out. No extra people, no extra track time, etc. If you price it like another regular race I don't think that is fair to the regulars that support the series all year long.

The details on the cost for just 12hr are not out yet. I would think that if you signed up for the 25 hr, and have participated in X number of WERC races throughout the season, you would be scored for the 12 hr for your entry in the 25 hr for no additional fee. 

Thanks-

Roman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman V.
29 minutes ago, RAmotorsports said:

To understand...fee schedule to run 12hr would be less than 25HR? Or are you saying you signed up to do the 25HR and then were charged an additional fee for the WERC? That would sure seem wrong!

See my reply above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTM4

I don't remember specifically what the numbers were, but I do recall people around the paddock referring to the scoring of the shorter race running concurrently with the 25 as the "extortion race" as the costs were significant.

Look, I was the one that came up with the idea for the "super size" pricing model many years ago for regular WERC events, and I think that has worked out well for NASA and the series. All I am suggesting is that you do the same for this event. If someone just wants to do the 25 HR then they pay the regular 25 HR fees. If someone only wants to do the 12 HR then charge them the regular WERC event cost...maybe slightly more because of the increased track time. If someone wants to do the 25 HR and the 12 HR then charge them the regular 25 HR fees, but let them add the scoring of the 12 HR for a small amount. Say $25 or $50 or whatever. Super Size this event. If you want to go further, then make it only available to regular WERC series participants. This gives people an incentive to run the regular season WERC events and I believe NASA would end up net ahead on this deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTM4
8 minutes ago, Roman V. said:

The details on the cost for just 12hr are not out yet. I would think that if you signed up for the 25 hr, and have participated in X number of WERC races throughout the season, you would be scored for the 12 hr for your entry in the 25 hr for no additional fee. 

Thanks-

Roman

Even better, so make it free to score the 12 HR if a team/person runs at least 3 regular WERC events and signs up for the 25 HR. This rewards regulars to the series and incentivizes people to run the regular WERC series events. We could certainly use more car counts during the year.

Edited by GTM4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman V.
3 minutes ago, GTM4 said:

Even better, so make it free to score the 12 HR if a team/person runs at least 3 regular WERC events. This rewards regulars to the series and incentivizes people to run the regular WERC series events. We could certainly use more car counts during the year.

The idea behind the new schedule is to increase participation in the WERC and grow the series. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTM4

Great, so market it as "Run 3 and get the 12 HR free!" and make sure people are aware of this starting at the first WERC event and also on the NASA website. I really think one of the issues with not having more people run the WERC is them not understanding the value of track time per $$ that the WERC offers. We need to advertise that more to the general NASA drivers.

Edited by GTM4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman V.
4 minutes ago, GTM4 said:

Great, so market it as "Run 3 and get the 12 HR free!" and make sure people are aware of this starting at the first WERC event and also on the NASA website. I really think one of the issues with not having more people run the WERC is them not understanding the value of track time per $$ that the WERC offers. We need to advertise that more to the general NASA drivers.

The 12 hr is not going to be free. Like any other WERC event there will be a cost associated with it. FYI this topic is about the 2019 WERC schedule and not what NASA should price the 12 hr race at. 

Thanks-

Roman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GTM4

Understood. I'll STFU now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark M

Sweeten the pot by making the 12 hour a double points race-that would give both class points leaders as well as contenders incentive to enter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Roman V.
5 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Sweeten the pot by making the 12 hour a double points race-that would give both class points leaders as well as contenders incentive to enter.

Feedback taken. 

Thanks-

Roman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
djqd36

Per the enduro rules anything 6hrs or longer is double points. Final points haven’t actually calculated this way the past few seasons, But that is what’s called out in the rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...