TOYO TIRES

Tony G

I just confirmed with Vilvan that our tires were shipped on Friday,they should be at my dealership sometime next week.

I can hang on to them for you,or just let me know if you want to pick them up(maybe a few of you can get together instead of driving out separately)I can also bring them to the track for you.

Thanks,

Tony

What are you guys doing to heat cycle the toyos? The tires I have purchased in the past were already heat cycled from tire rack and it definately seemed to help them last longer (That is for kumhos. Hoosiers I don't know cause I have only purchased one set and they were heat cycled so I have no non cycled ones to compare them to). I know it is better to heat cycle them at the track and let them sit for a week or so, but I can't afford to purchase more than one set right now. Any ideas on what I should do? Do the toyos even really need heat cycling?

Vageli,

I was wondering this myself.

Toyos need to be heat cycled,but only need to completely cool overnight,so it's a one day thing.

After that,they are ready for action,maybe we should just take our cars out on the street to get them hot!Think anyone would notice?

Tony

My plates are still good. With my new open exhaust maybe I should just make a quick blast through downtown SF. You think anyone will notice? I'll even put my helmet on to stay undercover.

This is the response I got from toyo:

Vageli,

In response to your question below, the RA-1 compound does not require any

heat cycling. The only thing you may need to worry about is the chance of

blistering tires if you run full tread depth at a fast track (like Willow

Springs for example). Most racers run shaved tires in the dry like you, so

blistering will not be an issue. If you have experience with Hoosier or

Kumho race tires, you will notice that the RA-1 is not nearly as sensitive

to the number of heat cycles you put on them as the Hoosier or Kumho. With

the Hoosier's especially, once you put about 10 heat cycles on them, they

pretty much turn to stone. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate

to ask. That's what we're here for.

Best regards,

Thomas Okihisa

Staff Engineer

Technical Service Department

Toyo Tire (U.S.A.) Corporation

<http://www.toyo.com/> http://www.toyo.com

New RA1s tend to be greasy for the first couple of heat cycles. If you can, run the new tires in one or two practices and then set them aside until the following day. You'll still be competitive on non-cycled tires.

Neil,Vageli

I agree they are a little greasy the first time out,which means a heat cycle is a good thing here.

Interesting though, I talked to Toyo a few years ago and was told to run them semi hard for 15 minutes max, and let them cool overnight.I think this works best!

One thing I can say,they will take a ton of heat cycles before they start going away.

Tony