AI/CMC Split Start Races

CMCRacerChico

I have noticed from some of the races this past year that to the casual observer a CMC and AI look nearly the same. But clearly there are a huge differences in the cars.

I think it is great that all the CMC cars are going to have a common windshield banner to help differ our cars.

Well along those same lines I think we should seriously consider doing a split start for all the races with AI this season.

That way we can both have a clean start with just our cars in one group and theirs in anohter.

And hey this change doesn't cost one thin dime!!!

Split starts would be cool, however I think both AI and CMC are going to do standing starts (At least, that's what we've been doing in the past when we've been mixed in with AI). Doing two standing starts in one session is a bit tough I think.

How about we have two seperate packs of cars. The AI cars in a grid in front and we can put the CMC pack a few car lengths back. We'll all go on the same green, but there will be two packs of cars.

- Nick

Camaro #45

[ This Message was edited by: Nick Steel on 2002-01-19 23:19 ]

We will most probably grid according to qualifying times as we did before.A/I and CMC will be in one group, as a split start won't be available and is not necessary.Also remember some of the A/I cars will be slower than the CMC front runners which would make it unfair to qualify, and then be put behind a slower car than you.

Some races will be a standing start,and others will be rolling depending on the day.

On the Sundays race we will be doing some inverting/drawing for positions in some cases.

Tony

We will most probably grid according to qualifying times as we did before.A/I and CMC will be in one group, as a split start won't be available and is not necessary.Also remember some of the A/I cars will be slower than the CMC front runners which would make it unfair to qualify, and then be put behind a slower car than you.

Some races will be a standing start,and others will be rolling depending on the day.

On the Sundays race we will be doing some inverting/drawing for positions in some cases.

Tony